??s re: Sea Tac. Help needed!

flamomo

My daughter and I are taking an ALaska cruise r/t Seattle in September.

#1. Having never been to Sea Tac, and not knowing what to expect, I'd appreciate info re: checking luggage.

I live in Tampa and there is curbside luggage checking, which generally is much more efficient than standing in a long line at the airline desk to do this.

Is this available at Sea Tac?

#2. My DD and I really want to do the cruiseline's post cruise tour of Seattle. Our cruise ends on a Sunday. Her flight from Seattle will probably depart about 2:30 - 3 PM.

The tour ends with drop-off at the airport at 1 PM.

Is she going to have a problem making her flight?

#1. Having never been to Sea Tac, and not knowing what to expect, I'd appreciate info re: checking luggage.

I live in Tampa and there is curbside luggage checking, which generally is much more efficient than standing in a long line at the airline desk to do this.

Is this available at Sea Tac?

#2. My DD and I really want to do the cruiseline's post cruise tour of Seattle. Our cruise ends on a Sunday. Her flight from Seattle will probably depart about 2:30 - 3 PM.

Yes, there is curbside check in at SEA. Some airlines will charge you $2 per bag for this which does not include the tip. I don't use this, so have no further details.

Will she make her flight? Probably, have her check-in online in advance and that will save some time. It's recommended you arrive two hours early for your flight.

Depending upon her airline, she may have to take the train/tram to her gate after going through security. This won't take much time though.

Thanks for the answers.

We'll have to try to check out the layout the day we arrive and meet at the airport in Seattle.

We'll do online check-in and print boarding passes on the ship, at least for her. (She's flying from Nebraska, and I fly from Florida. I already have a red-eye booked for coming back to FL, so I don't have time concerns.)

She'll probably fly Southwest, if that makes any difference.

Good news! We finally found her a flight that leaves at 3:35 PM, so that buys her more time to get through all the pre-flight procedures.

We both feel better knowing that she'll have some extra time.

If you can posibly do so, spend a day or two in Seattle. Beautiful city, take the hop on-hop off bus.

We'd love to spend a couple of days seeing Seattle, but DSIL is going to be home holding down the fort at home with 3 kids, so DD really feels she needs to go home the day the cruise ends.

That's why we booked the ship's Seattle tour upon disembarkation.

Archived