Main dining dress code for boys

Fridgecois

We will be traveling on Freedom of the Seas in June. We are going with extended family (28 of us). I was wondering if the boys (aging from 6 to 17) would be able to wear nice shorts and a collared shirt to casual nights in the main dining room? I know they will need to wear slacks on the nicer casual nights. Do they need to wear suits on formal night or can they get away with a sports jacket? Do they need to wear a tie?:confused:

My experience on Navigator a week ago was that (much to my displeasure) the dress code for the dining room isn't enforced in the least. As long as you've go shirt, shoes and pants of some sort, they'll let you in.

So that's what you can "get away with". However, my personal opinion is that slacks and a polo/golf shirt should be the absolute minimum for the boys - especially the teenagers.

I'm lucky and have a girl that loves putting on pretty dresses. Getting snazzed up for dinner every night was one of the highlights of her cruise.

Sorry, dress code on FOS says that "no shorts allowed in the dining room" and that includes children.

"Casual night" does not mean shorts. It means khakis. ;)

And on Formal night, no they won't need suits. Just so they have pants and maybe a dress shirt or a polo shirt.

We have 3 boys ages ranging from 12-16. Typically we just have them wear khakis and a polo shirt for dinner. They hate dressing up so occasionally if we're on a 7 night or longer cruise we'll let the skip one of the formal nights and take them to eat at the buffet before we go to dinner. After they eat they then go to the kids club until we're done.:)

The older boys may want at least a suit on formal nights. The girls will be dressed to the "nines"--the boys will want to impress! There will be young men in tuxes...

Shorts really aren't the norm for dinner on any night...casual slacks and a golf-style shirt will be fine.

Archived