Carnival room and sail and sign ?s

guineverekay

I cruised once before, but that was nearly 3 years ago and it was just my husband and myself in a room. So, I'm practically a newbie.

I am thisclose to booking us and my/our 3 kids on the Carnival Holiday for May 23. I've been going through all the faq on Carnival's website and I'm now completely confused. There will be six of us total, myself, my husband, our daughter (7), and my two sons from my first marriage (ages 14 and 16). My sister is also travelling with us. The biggest room I can find seems to sleep 4, so I thought that 2 rooms with 3 people each in them would work best as far as being cheapest and most comfortable. The rooms are ocean view if that makes any difference.

However, if each child needs to be in a room with a parent or legal guardian that's going to leave me and my two boys in one room and my husband, our daughter, and my sister in one room. Obviously, I don't care for that option. Any ideas or information on if I can put the two boys in the room with their aunt while my husband and I share with our daughter?

Also, does anyone know if I am required to put the hold on my credit card for $200 each on the sail and sign for the kids? It's a 5 day cruise and that was the amount I was seeing on the Carnival site.

Thank you so much:)

You will pay less for the 3rd and 4th person in a cabin. So, because of that. Book you and your hubby with TWO of the kids in one cabin. Book your sister and one of your kids in the 2nd adjoining or connecting cabin. Put a "DO NOT UPGRADE" order on your cabins so one of you aren't moved.

Then, when you get on the ship, you can have the kids sleep wherever you want them to. You can move them around between cabins once onboard.

So you could get one quad (at least) and then move all 3 kids to the quad with their aunt, if you wanted. Or you could book 2 connecting triples. The kids parents are on the ship, so you can book them with their aunt.

Now, as far as the card....no, they won't put a $200 hold for EACH person. They may put a $200 credit hold per credit card. So if your husbands card is funding the entire family, then there should be only $200 held at a time. Then when you reach $200, another $200 will be held. You should be able to use one card to fund everyone.

Carnival doesn't care who sleeps in what room after you get onboard. ;)

First, it doesn't HAVE to be a parent in the room...that requirement is to make SURE an adult is actually sailing with the minors....they don't want parents booking cruises for underaged folks and then not sailing with them!

When you check in, you can tell them who will be where....they do NOT care who sleeps with whom! Get the right keys for everyone at check-in!

Archived