Need to know if anyone has a good cosmetics only luggage piece...

Shoving all my cosmetics and HBA needs into my suitcase takes up a lot of room. I was wondering if anyone had a good, small sized case that they used. I have an old-fashioned "train case", but it's just a harder-sided rectangle, and I'm afraid if I end up checking it through, everything will come out busted and/or leaking. Looking for something small that has compartments or "padding" of some sort.

Does ANY of that make any sense? It's hard to explain and I don't think I'm doing a very good job, LOL. HELP!? LOL :D:o

I used to use a "hard-sided" makeup case, too, but flying sort of defeats the purpose...since you can't carry-on any liquids or semi-liquids IN the case! (Those stupid zip-loc bags!!!!!) I used to carry everything like that onto the plane, and everything stayed in place--all I had to do was open it, and I was ready to go!

Now, I still carry a small make-up case, but I have to put most of my stuff into my checked bags--(I'm NOT going to re-bottle make-ups and such into 3 oz bottles!!!) I put every thing into double zip-locs, just in case of leakage, and hope for the best.

I used a Caboodle make-up case--I don't think it would survive checking...it's mainly for carry-on, where no one else handles it!

My cosmetics always go into my purse or carry on, there's too much expensive stuff there to be lost. I do seperate the dry from the liquid so I don't have to use the total 3-1-1 bag for cosmetics.

My toiletries will go into my suitcase inside a toiletry kit that is placed into a zip lock storage bag. There are so many on the market and they are so easy to find. Try to find one that is lined with plastic, I like this one from Victorinox because it stands up when opened:

http://www.victorinox-travelgear.com/index.php?p=107&i=6633

There are so many different types, though:

http://www.coloradobaggage.com/cbc/dept.asp?dept_id=3266

I would definitely not check through a cosmetic kit like a train case, I'd hand carry it. I'm not worried about the case getting banged up so much as cosmetics being shifted and banged around. Eyeshadows can crumble, powders can open up, liquids can open up and be ruined. Toiletries such as shampoo and bath gel are reasonably inexpensive to replace, cosmetics not so, too expensive.

I use this one from Bare Escentuals. There are elastic straps to hold brushes, lipsticks, and/or macara; compartments for makeup pots; and pouches for bottles or spray containers. Everything stays in place, and I can toss it into my bag or carry it separately (if I'm driving). To carry it on, you would have to put liquids into the 3-3-1 zip log and place inside.

http://store.bareescentuals.com/Grand%20Train%20Case%20from%20BareEscentuals/43188,default,pd.html?cgid=

Archived