Got my Welcome Aboard kit!!!

suzyed

It's in our Welcome Aboard book, page 7.

I wonder if you can have a computer case in addition to the two pieces of luggage??

Thanks for the update. I guess I should have expected the cruise lines to limit the luggage sooner or later.

We are sailing on June 6th, got the tags today!

It's "less" of a packet than last year...kind of an abbreviated version of the shore excursion book....and 6 luggage tags..real ones...not ones I have to laminate and punch holes in!!! ;)

I have never had a problem with luggage tags ripping off, so hopfully they will hold up this time too.

Can't wait!!

Thanks for the info! Maybe we'll get ours today (I did receive a teasing email letting me know my packet had been mailed). :D

NCL is following the leads of the legacy airlines by stating (anyone else notice this in their "slicK" booklet which will no longer fit my travel wallet on a lanyard) that: passengers are limited to 2 pieces of luggage, each not to exceed 50 lbs. (Hello, surprised - NOT)

Imagine how this process could change the entire pier drop-off, express check-in and going on the scale, plus posting excess baggage fees to one's OBC; and, perhaps, suite pax would get a waiver or exemption for their premium cabin ???

Time to get "legal counsel" to read up on all the fine prints & disclaimers.

That has always been NCL's official policy, however they do not enforce it. For those of us who drive to the pier, we bring as much as we want and have never been told otherwise (or charged for our luggage, or had our luggage weighed). This will be our first cruise that we have to fly to and of course this will be an entirely different story.

Sorry to break this to you Aimee, but I just heard your sailing has been cancelled ;)

Don't think you and the missus are going to get out of seeing us that easy! :D

Got the email but no package or eDocs yet.:( Any Yes, you'll ove Bermuda!:cool:

I DO love Bermuda! We went there for our honeymoom 34 years ago! But we never sailed there, so I would love to do that one day!:)

We returned for our 25th anniversary in 2000, and we actually ran into a couple we had met on our honeymoon!!

It was amazing! :eek: We returned to the Sonesta Beach Hotel for our anniversary on June 8th and made plans to eat dinner in the hotel, which is where we ran into our friends who got married the same day and honeymooned there too!

Another amazing thing happened when we went out to dinner on Long Island in NY for our 17th anniversary....that same couple came strolling in to the same restaurant at the same time!! So we had dinner together to celebrate!!

:D

I DO love Bermuda! We went there for our honeymoom 34 years ago! But we never sailed there, so I would love to do that one day!:)

We returned for our 25th anniversary in 2000, and we actually ran into a couple we had met on our honeymoon!!

It was amazing! :eek: We returned to the Sonesta Beach Hotel for our anniversary on June 8th and made plans to eat dinner in the hotel, which is where we ran into our friends who got married the same day and honeymooned there too!

Another amazing thing happened when we went out to dinner on Long Island in NY for our 17th anniversary....that same couple came strolling in to the same restaurant at the same time!! So we had dinner together to celebrate!!

Our first trip and first cruise was to Bermuda for our 25th!:cool: This will be #4 for us and we can't wait.:D You'll love cruising there!;)

Don't think you and the missus are going to get out of seeing us that easy! :D

Oh I didn't say we wouldn't see you. But now instead of being on a ship for 7 days, your accomodations are a cardboard box at the Bell St. Pier. Good thing for you though, it's a big box :D and the area around the pier is nice

Oh I didn't say we wouldn't see you. But now instead of being on a ship for 7 days, your accomodations are a cardboard box at the Bell St. Pier. Good thing for you though, it's a big box :D and the area around the pier is nice

As long as its a roomy box...with room service, I think we'll be ok. I'm only there for the clams, ya know. ;)

Sadly the Sonesta is no longer there but you have the great memories

Thanks for the info! Maybe we'll get ours today (I did receive a teasing email letting me know my packet had been mailed). :D

That has always been NCL's official policy, however they do not enforce it. For those of us who drive to the pier, we bring as much as we want and have never been told otherwise (or charged for our luggage, or had our luggage weighed). This will be our first cruise that we have to fly to and of course this will be an entirely different story.

No, actually the policy has always been 200 lbs pp until Jan Or March can't remember which they told me. when it changed to 2 pcs 50 lb each pp. As I said I see NO WAY for them to enforce this unless they start having people check in with their bags THEN turn them over to dock workers, somehow I don't see that happening.

No, actually the policy has always been 200 lbs pp until Jan Or March can't remember which they told me. when it changed to 2 pcs 50 lb each pp. As I said I see NO WAY for them to enforce this unless they start having people check in with their bags THEN turn them over to dock workers, somehow I don't see that happening.

Ah, yes, I stand corrected. I agree though. There's simply no way they'll enforce it. I wonder why they bothered changing the policy? :confused:

My sailing is in a few weeks. Some on my roll call received their Welcome Aboard packet. I, and a few others, have not. (Am I not welcome aboard?) ;) I've contacted my TA who hasn't seen the packet. I can't help but wonder why the inconsistency???

I'm just glad I'm a CC member. After reading some posts here where people mentioned printing out their own luggage tags, I started thinking that I didn't recall seeing any in the cruise docs I printed out. I pulled out my docs & sure enough, no tags. I went back to the website and found that you had to print them out separately. Normally it wouldn't be a big deal. You can always pick up luggage tags at the pier, right? Well, we are paying a premium to stay at the Pan Pacific. One of the perks you get for the big bucks is luggage drop off service. Had I not been a CC member and saw the post about printing luggage tags, I would have continued to think that I HAD my luggage tags since I had no reason to think they wouldn't print out with my documents. I would have been royally miffed to have to schlep my own bags because I didn't have tags. I would really have preferred to get the tags in the Welcome Aboard packet, though, because with the bell hop delivering our bags to the pier, I would prefer something stronger than a paper tag.

Sadly the Sonesta is no longer there but you have the great memories

I know...it was so sad to see it go! But, right you are...we have wonderful memories....and I have the original key from our room on our honeymoon! It's attached to a large brass oval with the Sonesta name embossed on it.

Ok- I'm new to this E-doc thing. We finally got them today.

Do we also get some kind of booklet in the mail too?

We sail June 13th to Alaska.....[/quote

Well maybe yes, maybe no....we got ours in the mail yesterday and we sail on June 6th. So don't lose hope! ;)

We are sailing on June 6th, got the tags today!

It's "less" of a packet than last year...kind of an abbreviated version of the shore excursion book....and 6 luggage tags..real ones...not ones I have to laminate and punch holes in!!! ;)

I have never had a problem with luggage tags ripping off, so hopfully they will hold up this time too.

Can't wait!!

We are sailing out on June 27th and just received an email from NCL that I can print out my edocs, and my luggage tags, on their website. Are they going to send me 'real' tags later by mail or I have to stuck with those 'self-made' ones?

OP I am so excited for you. I see you have been to Alaska on the Star before and are returning to Alaska on the Star. I was thrilled to see that. We were encouraged by so many to book Alaska on a different ship but we loved our Alaskan cruise so much on the Star that we booked her again next year going back to Alaska. It will be our third cruise on the Star. So far she is our favorite NCL ship.

To those looking for a Welcome Packet, you may never get one. I don't think any of us have ever figured out who gets them and who doesn't. We have recieved once for each of our sailings, yet I have read of those that have never gotten one. Doesn't seem to matter if you book directly with NCL or through a TA. If you haven't gotten yours a week or two before sailing, you might want to go ahead and print those off of NCL's website and use packing tape to make them stronger or have them laminated.

okay, i did get the email that our edocs were ready to print, guess i'll wait until a couple of weeks prior to sailing jik i might get a package in the mail, although the TA did indicate that they do everything electronically

Q re the luggage tags though:

as i've always been cautioned not to attach the tags until after the flight into port so as not to confuse the airline's baggage carriers. Did notice that the ones ready to print on NCLs website don't have any scanning barcode; so im thinking perhaps we can safely affix them @ home? anybody else do so without issue?

When it was announced by NCl that they were to start back with the welcome kits, they stated that the welcome kits are to go out to all bookings. Agents need to log on and update their information on the site or contact NCL as the kits will soon be customized for the agency (listing the agents info on the kit).

Hi, new to cruising with NCL. What do the booklets contain in them? Would it be similar to a Crown & Anchor booklet we get in the cabin and also w/ docs?

We are booked w/ a TA and they haven't received any for any recent sailings. Do I have hope for our 10-30-09 repo cruise? Thanks so much..

Hi, new to cruising with NCL. What do the booklets contain in them? Would it be similar to a Crown & Anchor booklet we get in the cabin and also w/ docs?

We are booked w/ a TA and they haven't received any for any recent sailings. Do I have hope for our 10-30-09 repo cruise? Thanks so much..

I've never sailed wtih RCCL, so I do not know what they provide. However, I can tell you that NCL does not mail you "docs". By docs, I assume you mean your actual cruise ticket and its lengthy terms & conditions (= the fine print). The cruise ticket is available on line for you to print, so there is nothing electronic about it at all. You need a paper ticket to check-in for your cruise. The burden of printing it has shifted from NCL to the passenger under the guise of being electronic.

The welcome kit, which I just received a couple of days ago, is a booklet with the passengers' names and TA name (if any) on the cover. Inside are the luggage tags as well as information on shore excursions. They also include general information about such things as "what to pack", what documents you will need, general information about Freestyle dining etc.. The information will not be new to any experienced NCL cruiser, but you might want to take a look at it if you've never been on NCL.

Thank you. What I meant was a booklet with coupons for on ship use (RCI) 2/1 drink, pictures, etc. Guess we'll do NCL work for them and print our stuff..Not a big deal at all. Will read it all through to make sure we have what we need.

Appreciate your response....Happy Sails to you.

Archived