Spirit to Bermuda

cookie75

WOO HOO!!! How long ago did your prices drop? I'm waiting and hoping our 6/12 prices drop too! We booked one of the few 175 sq ft insides. This will be our first inside but we wanted to cruise to Bermuda again and had to cut back somewhere.

Where is the location of the larger insides? I am thinking of this cruise. We usually book insides.

WOO HOO!!! How long ago did your prices drop? I'm waiting and hoping our 6/12 prices drop too! We booked one of the few 175 sq ft insides. This will be our first inside but we wanted to cruise to Bermuda again and had to cut back somewhere.

The price for our BC balcony dropped $420 for two ($210 ea) in the last week or so. The BF level dropped even more, I think (though I don't know how much).

The 5/1 Boston to Bermuda is offering balconies for $649 one week out as of today. http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/staticPage.html?pageId=hotDeals

The price for our BC balcony dropped $420 for two ($210 ea) in the last week or so. The BF level dropped even more, I think (though I don't know how much).

The 5/1 Boston to Bermuda is offering balconies for $649 one week out as of today. http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/staticPage.html?pageId=hotDeals

I noticed that the taxes and fees are high though for this cruise. I think it was $116 per person. Our cruise last month did 5 ports and the taxes and fees were $74.

I noticed that the taxes and fees are high though for this cruise. I think it was $116 per person. Our cruise last month did 5 ports and the taxes and fees were $74.

Yes, Bermuda taxes are high. One year we went they were $234pp!!

As far as the larger insides... 5035, 6035 and 6535 are 200 sf, 10031, 10531 and 10611 are 175 sf, 9703 and 9205 are 160 sf, and 9207 and 9203 are 190 sf.

Now/today is the time to get all of your group booked. I doubt whether the prices will drop much more. Get them booked before the ship sells out. Even if the price drops a bit more, everyone got a good price with the price today.

I honestly cannot remember the prices being any lower for a Bermuda sailing than on May 1st. I am sailing May 8th and though we got what I think is a great deal on a balcony, it wasn't this good. Though, I am very happy with the price I paid. This is a steal for anyone lucky enough to make travel plans last minute. I would not wait any longer as Don mentioned, the ship can sell out...

You really can't compare cruises that go to different ports. As has already been pointed out, port fees can vary considerably and will make a significant difference in your bottom line. Bermuda and Alaska are both notorious for having high port fees and are much less welcoming to cruise ships than some other ports, especially some in the Caribbean where tourism is more valued as a significant source of income for the local economy.

These half off speciality restaurants specials come and go, no one will be able to guarantee there will be one. But then again, you may get lucky too. Read the Freestyle Daily aboard the ship to discover how lucky you are.

I certainly realize that, but was just wondering about the recent past.

Do you happen to know what the future holds for ships going to Bermuda, ie. which ones might be tabbed or rumored for 2010 and beyond?

Thanks

Outside the Epic, no new ship is entering service that I know of. For the summer season which involves Boston I see: Spirit-Boston, Pearl-Seattle, Star-Seattle, Sun-Vancouver, Pride of America-Hawaii, Dawn-New York, Epic-Miami, Jade-Europe, Gem-Europe, Jewel-Europe, Sky-Miami. Are there any other ships? For the winter I see: Spirit-New Orleans, Star-LA, Pride of America-Hawaii, Jewel-New York, Gem-New York, Jade-Europe, Epic-Miami, Dawn-Miami, Sky-Miami, Sun-PC. Are there any other ships?

But this is pure speculation continuing the trends of the winter of 10-11. Itineraries have been released to April 2011. NCL could easily move a ship to LA or Europe, come back to Houston and Charleston and South America. There could be five ship changes out of eleven. But I doubt it. Why? NCL moved two ships recently from Hawaii to two different cities for the summer, and another two different cities for the winter. Not to mention the Sun's change from South America. The Epic alone displaced a ship from Miami to add another in New York during the season only one was based there. In the other season two were based in New York. NCL has invested heavily into the New York market.

Obviously Hawaii couldn't support three ships. But it appears Europe will. Three hundred million usually outperform two million.

What is in your crystal ball? More changes?

Do you happen to know what the future holds for ships going to Bermuda, ie. which ones might be tabbed or rumored for 2010 and beyond? Thanks

I'll admit I don't know, I will say NCL's lineup next year looks good for a really long time.

NYC to Bermuda > Norwegian Dawn

Boston to Bermuda > Norwegian Spirit

Edit limit again. To add if NCL does have problems selling out the Epic, NCL could send the Epic on a round the world cruise. This is worrying me more than the other ships, especially during the summer. NCL needs the Epic to compete with the big boys in Miami.

I wanted to add last year NCL and Bermuda made an agreement for ten years, two big NCL ships during the summer season, with an exclusive from Boston. Considering the Spirit's recent dry dock, engine replacement, and window maintenance on the Spirit for the first year of this agreement, one can see NCL is doing everything possible to spruce up the Spirit. By no means is the Spirit out of date. NCL made only a five year agreement with New Orleans. A link: http://www.northeastcruiseguide.com/Articles/NCL2009-Cruise-Deployment-Boston.htm

I havent cruised to Bermuda yet.....but would like to see a newer ship sailing there. I know there are some limitations on ships docking in Bermuda......but I like the newer and larger ships. We MAY try the Spirit.....but would prefer something newer.

k

I havent cruised to Bermuda yet.....but would like to see a newer ship sailing there. I know there are some limitations on ships docking in Bermuda......but I like the newer and larger ships. We MAY try the Spirit.....but would prefer something newer.

How about the Norwegian Dawn, which is 4 years younger than the Norwegian Spirit, and sails from New York?

k

How about the Norwegian Dawn, which is 4 years younger than the Norwegian Spirit, and sails from New York?

Well we live 30 minutes from Boston....so that is why we were considering the Spirit. We did sail out of New York a few years ago on RC. We took a cruiseline shuttle bus from Boston to NY....it was a horrible experience. Driving and parking ourselves is just too expensive with the parking fees. So there is too much of an expense going out of NY.

Well we live 30 minutes from Boston....so that is why we were considering the Spirit. We did sail out of New York a few years ago on RC. We took a cruiseline shuttle bus from Boston to NY....it was a horrible experience. Driving and parking ourselves is just too expensive with the parking fees. So there is too much of an expense going out of NY.

The Spirit, at 10 years of age, will be the newest and most modern cruise ship leaving Boston for Bermuda, ever. It's twice as large as the Majesty and has a half dozen or more both in restaurants and bars/lounges.

You are being slightly too picky, if you asked me.

The Spirit is almost twice the size of the Majesty. While she isn't as large as the Dawn, she isn't that much smaller. Its my opinion the Spirit is laid out better and about the same size as the Sun and Sky. And when you see her you won't see her age as much as one did with the Majesty or Dream. Her unique Asian decor down to the carpets is something to behold. The Spirit has the largest atrium in NCL's fleet providing an awe factor none of the newer ships have.

Try it and I believe you will like her.:) When you see her docked at Black Falcon, I don't believe that the words "older or smaller" will come to mind, though when she is in the Dockyard along with RCI's Explorer of the Seas, they might. ;) I toured the Spirit a year ago, before her most recent drydock, and was extremely impressed with her condition and never felt her size was a problem. Unless you are looking for bowling alleys, ice rinks, flow riders or other such bells and whistles, I think you will find that the Spirit offers more than enough features to make your cruise a satisfying and enjoyable experience.:)

We are looking forward to sailing on her a week from Friday. Compared to the Majesty, which provided thousands of Boston area residents, with wonderful cruises to Bermuda, the Spirit is more than a step up. Most cruiselines do a remarkable job of constantly maintaining their ships and ten years is not even a half-life for most cruise ships. Keep an eye on the initial reviews of the Spirit's cruises to Bermuda and you may find yourself reconsidering your opinions.

Last year the Spirt got some undeserved bad reviews due to her engine problems, arriving late and having shorter shore excursions. Not so this year after her dry dock, NCL gave her a brand new engine to replace the bad one. Lately the Spirit has been gathering wonderful reviews doing her Western Caribbean itineraries from New Orleans. NCL patrons love the ship in the South and I fully expect the same from New Englanders this year.

Even when she sailed itineraries from Seattle, Miami, and New York she mostly received good reviews being the smaller girl on the block. One may prefer a Dawn or Star more, but the Spirit is a classy girl in her own right.

Thanks for all the replies. My PCC actually called again today and I mentioned about a possible cruise to Bermuda. Right now......I feel the prices are alittle high compared to the prices I usually pay for a cruise. Since it wouldnt be till the fall, I can keep an eye out for a deal and some OBC.

We sailed on the Spirit May '07 out of NYC to Bermuda. Our cruise history is NCL Dawn and Jade and HAL Rotterdam and Noordam. I thought the Spirit was a lovely ship (Asian decor) that was not "too big" and easy to get around on. We had a really nicely decorarted Oceanview stateroom. The only issue I had with ship was there didn't seem to be enough crew cleaning the public areas - they needed a "little" more attention. That being said I understand that the ship has recently had sprucing up. You will enjoy this ship and Bermuda is really very beautiful.:)

Archived