Resurrection Bay - which company?

gaenzebluemchen

We were looking at TWT because it seems a little shorter than shuttle to Eleison (sp?), and I read somewhere on here that if you get off the shuttle, you sometimes have to wait a long itme to get back on one; other than those concerns, I would go with the shuttle. If you don't think either is a problem (again, very impatient 10 year old), then I will do shuttle.

Originally, we were going to stay in Girdwood after Anchorage, do PWS that day, then get to Seward somehow (that seems to be an expensive issue, unless we wait til next day for train to go from Girdwood to Seward), do the Kenja Fjords, and get on ship that night.... Still thinking of that, I just picture; 2 4-1/2 hour plane rides to Anchorage, 5+ hour car ride to Denali, 9 hours on bus, 5 hours back to Anchorage, overnight, take train, then 2 long boat trips ..... seemed like lots of downtime for my DS.... If he weren't with us, I would do it. So, I thought instead of PWS, 2 days in Seward, one of them to the Sea Life Center, and just mainly walking/sightseeing, doing laundry for our cruise .....

Yes, budget queen, we are on a B2B cruise so will only have one full day to take in as much as possible in Seward. Was planning on the fjords but then thought maybe do the town/outskirts instead. What do you suggest? Been to Alaska twice before but never as far as Seward which is why we booked the B2B.

The top choice is definately Kenai Fjords, way superior to "town/outskirts". (what outskirts are you referring to???)

We were looking at TWT because it seems a little shorter than shuttle to Eleison (sp?), and I read somewhere on here that if you get off the shuttle, you sometimes have to wait a long itme to get back on one; other than those concerns, I would go with the shuttle. If you don't think either is a problem (again, very impatient 10 year old), then I will do shuttle.

Originally, we were going to stay in Girdwood after Anchorage, do PWS that day, then get to Seward somehow (that seems to be an expensive issue, unless we wait til next day for train to go from Girdwood to Seward), do the Kenja Fjords, and get on ship that night.... Still thinking of that, I just picture; 2 4-1/2 hour plane rides to Anchorage, 5+ hour car ride to Denali, 9 hours on bus, 5 hours back to Anchorage, overnight, take train, then 2 long boat trips ..... seemed like lots of downtime for my DS.... If he weren't with us, I would do it. So, I thought instead of PWS, 2 days in Seward, one of them to the Sea Life Center, and just mainly walking/sightseeing, doing laundry for our cruise .....

Your post keeps coming up with the impatient DS. Then I definately question why you are even considering Denali Park, I would not recommend it. Spend your time, instead in Anchorage, Girdwood/Seward.

LOL, Yes Budget Queen, you are right about the impatient -- he got impatient after a 3-1/2 hour plane ride to New York. and flying to Hawaii was torture even though we split it up into 2 even flights. Of course you can't get off or even walk around, so that makes flying worse for him. I wonder if Talkeetna would be better? Maybe a helicopter/plane ride over McKinley? It sounds like we might see the same wildlife in other places than Denali? If we will see Caribou, Moose, Bears, etc., in other places, I might scrap Denali....

Archived