STAR PRINCESS ANTARTIC CRUISE & how Princess compares with Holland America

JimVrhovac

Drop us an email and we will solve the picture prolems for you....

GarySuzy

The bathroom size would not bother the average person as it is not that much smaller. The way it was laid out caused aproblem because Ruth has to use a walker all the time and none of the doors were wide enough for the walker. On HAL they have shower chairs that fir in the tubs (a new thing) whereas on Princess the chairs had to be used sideways and that did cause a problem.

tjcox9

Cannot remember the names of the speakers in Antartica but they did a fantastic job and atted a lot to the trip. The female doctor was not on this trip but we saw the documentary about her and her theropy. As a retired military person it is noce to 'SEE YOUR TAX DOLLERS USED FOR A UNIVERSAL GOOD."

GeriatricNurse

There were no trays in the Horizon diningroom (compares to Lido) but there was adequate help to help you carry things to the table. Since Ruth uses a walker the started with her as she entered the serving area and stayed with her ntil she was at the table. Even going to the point of getting our tea and coffee. One of the lady servers impressed us so much that Ruth gave her the Penguin slippers that she got for the cruise. Our cabin stewart gor my Penguin slippers.

Attached are a couple pictures

The slippers we gave to the crew, some peguins, an iceburg, and note the dolphin statue in back of the luggage. Ruth tried to sneak that thing into the luggage but it weighed 150 lbs. I had peace and quiet for the rest of the day when I said no...

Thanks to everyone for your comments..

Ruth & Jim

IMG_1939.jpg.01df78140b4c097b4af270e1c8ab51cc.jpg

IMG_1142.jpg.8c38b1f303224b9b13509c190a8f1451.jpg

IMG_1181.jpg.7679958c598aaf55770e611b99058d8e.jpg

IMG_1779_1.jpg.ff17e03ed7220f3fb4a63c9a6989de12.jpg

IMG_2041.jpg.883fb55e2d832f1563297b1ca431fa8e.jpg

We booked this specifically to cruise with Captain Albert again. We have lost count on how many times we have cruised with him.

I intend to surprise Ruth with another renewal of vows ceremony on that cruise.

Ruth & Jim

Jim, I have a question for you. Now I know that you and Ruth normally drive to the embarkation port, and for this cruise you had to fly. Did the airlines check-in counter people just jump up and down with glee when they see you guys coming with eleventy-nine (that's a lot!) suitcases? I'm sure they must have been rubbing their hands together at the excess baggage fees they were collecting!

Smooth Sailing! :):):)

Gerry

GarySuzy

The bathroom size would not bother the average person as it is not that much smaller. The way it was laid out caused aproblem because Ruth has to use a walker all the time and none of the doors were wide enough for the walker. On HAL they have shower chairs that fir in the tubs (a new thing) whereas on Princess the chairs had to be used sideways and that did cause a problem.

Thanks to everyone for your comments..

Ruth & Jim

Jim,

Thanks for the information as I got rid of my cane about 7 months ago and can now get around fairly well I do not expect this to be a problem, but wanted to check to make sure.

Thanks again

Gary

Jim, I'm sorry if this is a thread hijack - but your comment to Gary made me perk up my ears.

How do you get a shower chair from HAL? Call Ship's Services in advance? Access and Compliance? Or wait until you board and ask (we'll be in a SA, so can query the concierge)?

We will be in a "regular" cabin, not a handicap one, but like Ruth, my mom has some mobility issues, and uses a walker.

My apologies to all - I did a search here for an answer before posting, and couldn't find one :o

Archived