Westerdam decks

R&Ronashipagain

We recently sailed on the Westerdam - which we enjoyed very much. However on our previous cruises (Ryndam, Volendam), we found secluded aft decks (which hardly anyone used) where we enjoyed sitting. (Like the shade). However this cruise all we found (other than the promnaude) were lounges on the top decks with lots of sun. I guess my question is, are they doing away with the aft decks in favor or more verandah cabins? or is this true only of the Westerdam?:confused:

I guess my question is, are they doing away with the aft decks in favor or more verandah cabins?

Sorry to say, but that sums it up nicely. There was a time when going to sea meant enjoying the quiet while looking outward. Sitting there, watching the sea and sky change, was expected and enjoyable.

It's getting harder and harder to find such a spot. :(

Veranda rooms are much better money makers that standard rooms, so you will find all the new ships squeeze in all the balconies they can, which is the Westerdam is a perfect example of. Unfortunately you will have to book one of the "older" ships like the Ryndam to get that amount of deck space per passenger.

I've found if your willing to drag a deck chair a ways, or sit in the wind you usually can find some sort of a "private" spot.

Archived