United States of America: Ordinary and official passport holders are required to have visa to enter Turkey. They can obtain three month-multiple entry visas at the Turkish border gates.

From that site it appears that we do need a visa. I am surprised really. I wonder if there is any other provision made for cruise ship passengers only visiting for one day.

Can anyone who has done this Eastern Mediterranean cruise give me any information?

If we need a visa, how much does it cost?

Thanks

United States of America: Ordinary and official passport holders are required to have visa to enter Turkey. They can obtain three month-multiple entry visas at the Turkish border gates.

From that site it appears that we do need a visa. I am surprised really. I wonder if there is any other provision made for cruise ship passengers only visiting for one day.

Can anyone who has done this Eastern Mediterranean cruise give me any information?

Thanks

NO..You do NOT need a visa for Turkey re being on a cruise ship for one day visit.Only if you are staying overnight etc..There is a lot of info on this board as well re this subject.

Thanks

You do not need a visa if you are entering and leaving by cruise ship.

On arrival you are given a sheet of photocopied paper that is optimistically called a Landing Card.

You are meant to fill out your personal details such as your name, but many do not.

You keep this piece of paper with you whilst you are ashore and then you hand it back the last time you board the ship before sailing. So if you are in port overnight you keep the paper on you for this time.

Archived