Freedom of the Seas, Chops or Portifino

My husband and I have decided to try one of the specialy restaurants on our upcoming cruise. We have sailed many times, but have always found the dining choices absolutely wonderful. However, I have grown a bit weary of the dancing and entertainment in the main dining rooms and would like one quiet dining experience.

So, I am asking for the reasons why you believe that Chops or Portifino's is a better choice for dinner. We will only be choosing one.

Thank you so much.

We eat in both over half the time on every cruise, just tired of the dining room, etc...that being said, Chops is great for those that like the steakhouse menu with choices of excellent beef, veal, lamb and chicken, fish...with family style sides. The Chops salad is excellent and the chocolate dessert wonderful. Portofino's has the better filet mignon believe it or not, imho. It is marinated in wine and seasonings and melts in your mouth. The pasta dishes as appetizers are fabulous and appetizers and salad choices excellent as well. If you like wine, the wine dinners are out of this world and worth every penny, imho....that being said, I would pick Portofino's over Chops now a days, tired of Chops' side dishes and Portofino's feels like you have more choices. Can't go wrong with either one, enjoy!

We've only done Portinifos on the ship...it was out of this world. It was one of the best dining experiences we've ever had. We are going on the freedom of the seas in 2 weeks and plan to try chops. We'd do both, but honestly there's so much food, ones body can only hold so much in a week. Either way, enjoy whatever you choose. Oh, I did see menus on the threads for both. Maybe you can look at the items ahead of time and see which lures you the best! Have a great cruise.

We have done both, many times, on many of the RCL ships. Each time, Portofino's wins, hands down. Chops is good, but it is a typical steak house and not as good as the steak houses back home. Portofino's is unique and has been uniformly excellent.

We like them both. We don't eat alot of italian food so we always get the steak in Portafino. It would be hard for me to choose which one we like best, but it would probably be Chops, because we are beef eaters.

We did Portofino on Voyager a few years ago and it was the best we have had.

Having said that, we just got off the Jewel and did both Chops and Portofino and we found Chops better this time. But our dinner on Voyager in Portofino was the best of all.

You really won't regret either choice.

We dined at both on our Mariner cruise a few years back. The ambiance was lovely, service was great. The food was excellent at Portfino's, and good to very good at Chop's. It's a close call, but I'd have to say Portofino's was better.

We've already made our advance reservations to BOTH for our upcoming FOS sailing in June.

Archived