Extra OBC's

birtdeltasig

Just got back a week ago from our Spirit cruise to the Western Caribbean. What a great trip! When we got to our stateroom upon embarkation, we had $200 in OBC's. We were only expecting $75. The price of the cruise never dropped below our booking price. I wasn't about to ask why I had more money than I should in OBC's. Nobody back home bought them for a gift. Anyone ever have this happen? Any ideas about where the extra money came from? :rolleyes:

Just got back a week ago from our Spirit cruise to the Western Caribbean. What a great trip! When we got to our stateroom upon embarkation, we had $200 in OBC's. We were only expecting $75. The price of the cruise never dropped below our booking price. I wasn't about to ask why I had more money than I should in OBC's. Nobody back home bought them for a gift. Anyone ever have this happen? Any ideas about where the extra money came from? :rolleyes:

We once got additional OBC when our TA gave us a credit per person that was supposed to be per stateroom. (This was the TA's own OBC, not the cruise line's.)

Fuel surcharge rebate? That's my best guess.

We had gotten some extra OBC due to paying in full with mastercard. But we knew about in advance. Did you guys pay with MC? American Express had a similar deal I had read about too. We also got an extra $20 in OBC that we didn't know about. Not going to argue, though! :) Hope you guys had a nice trip home! It was great to meet you guys!:)

We had gotten some extra OBC due to paying in full with mastercard. But we knew about in advance. Did you guys pay with MC? American Express had a similar deal I had read about too. We also got an extra $20 in OBC that we didn't know about. Not going to argue, though! :) Hope you guys had a nice trip home! It was great to meet you guys!:)

No, we paid with Discover Card. I can't seem to figure where it came from. As far as you getting the extra $20, I know that some people got a refund of $10 per person for a change in port fees in Mexico. I am guessing that is where you got your extra money. We didn't have a $20 credit though. Ours was in the form of two $75 credits and one $50.

We also enjoyed meeting you. That was a fun cruise!

No, we paid with Discover Card. I can't seem to figure where it came from. As far as you getting the extra $20, I know that some people got a refund of $10 per person for a change in port fees in Mexico. I am guessing that is where you got your extra money. We didn't have a $20 credit though. Ours was in the form of two $75 credits and one $50.

We also enjoyed meeting you. That was a fun cruise!

Schweet! :D

DT

Hmm, we paid our deposit with Discover, I only knew about the extra cash back, nothing about OBC. Not that I would notice because I rarely pay attention to those things. But any little extra helps, hope you spent it wisely! :D

Archived