Hey RCCL, we just booked on Carnival in Galveston

I sailed out of Bayport in February and I'm not sure I would do it again. Both ports are not close to either airport, 7 night itineraries are limited to the western Caribbean and there seems to be few longer cruises offered. Also the weather problems continue to plague the ports - not so much of problem if you drive, but a major pain when flying.

For the right price and a different itinerary, I might cruise out of the Houston area again, but it doesn't look like anything will be changing soon.

I understand the convenience of driving to the ports, but I don't understand why people would want to do the same itinerary over and over again.[/quote/]

VARIATIONS::D

:D

RCL

From Jersey to Galveston repo in November 2015

RCL offers eastern southern and western

Carnival

From GALVESTON Carnival offered and offers these in 2015 and 2016.

The newly scheduled voyages on Carnival Triumph include three exciting options:

· An 11-day southern Caribbean voyage from Galveston to San Juan Feb. 9-20, 2015, calling at Grand Cayman, Aruba, Bonaire, Grenada, Dominica and St. Maarten.

· A 10-day exotic eastern Caribbean voyage from San Juan to Galveston Feb. 20 - March 2, 2015, with visits to St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Antigua, St. Kitts, St. Croix and Falmouth (Jamaica).

· A 12-day Journey of Discovery cruise round-trip from Galveston March 2-14, 2015, featuring Grand Cayman, Limon (Costa Rica), Colon (Panama), and Cartagena and Santa Marta (Colombia). From Colon, guests will have the opportunity to take an optional excursion for an up-close view of the wonders of the Panama Canal. The call at Santa Marta will mark Carnival’s first-ever visit to this beautiful and exciting seaside city.

The three voyages can be combined to create a 33-day seagoing adventure visiting 15 ports across two continents.

The three new voyages complement Carnival Triumph’s previously announced series of 10- and 11-day cruises from Galveston and :)San Juan in 2015 and 2016. Two 11-day cruises sail from Galveston :)to San Juan Oct. 24, 2015, and Jan. 16, 2016, and two 10-day cruises will operate from San Juan to Galveston :)Nov. 4, 2015, and Jan. 27, 2016.

While Carnival Triumph is sailing these longer length cruises, Carnival Magic will, for the first time, offer a series of four- to six-day voyages from Galveston in February and March 2015. Aboard Carnival Magic, guests can experience SkyCourse, a suspended ropes course offering breathtaking views to the sea 150 feet below, as well as the Cucina del Capitano family-style Italian restaurant, Prime classic American steakhouse, the Caribbean-themed RedFrog Pub and a stunning indoor/outdoor café and live music venue called Ocean Plaza.

And Carnival will be doing repos of ships out Galveston

And repos of new ships coming into Galveston !

Get on you horse!

Edited by ssb

we sailed NAV back in January. it was 95% local Texans. hell half the people we met lived IN GALVESTON!!!!

The 2 cruises we took out of Galveston were indeed mostly Texans, or people from the surrounding areas. I would say 70% of them drove to the port rather than flying in.

I live 45 minutes from Galveston and would LOVE to sail from here more, but the itineraries never change.

I'll pay more to go somewhere new, or at least have more than 3 ports!

Of my 6 cruises, I've sailed out of Galveston twice. Driven to New Orleans once, and Miami twice. We just got home from out 6th, we flew to Alaska.

Edited by duncan449