How Suite It Was!

cruisinmama0

I returned today from my rescheduled cruise on the Spirit. If you haven't read any of my past posts, my mother died two days before my February cruise so I did my insurance thing and made a new ressie for Easter week. I went for the suite because I know I needed to be taken care of.

The suite was the best. Although I will book one of the lesser grades next time instead of the AB. I was in 10000 or the Philipines Suite. It has a very different layout/floor plan and felt like a small apartment. You walked into a long hall way/foyer with half bath/powder room. The bedroom was to the right with a door and adjacent was the full bath complete with jacuzzi, shower, double vanity, makeup table, toilet and bidet! There is absolutely no excuse to not have every crack and crevice clean when staying here. Ha ha.

Continuing down the hall was the dining table for four, cabinets with storage, a wet bar area with fridge (never seemed to work) and a fancy gourmet coffee machine with frother. Then there was the living room with sofa, two chairs, coffee table and armoire with tv and dvd player. There was also a tv in the bedroom. I'm not sure if the suites facing the sides have two tv, but they did have a view from the bed of the ocean.

This suite had two large windows and a door to the balcony. It had a water tight door that was fun to open and close once you got the hang of it. It was like being on a submarine.

The balcony was more narrow than I expected, but it was great to see straight out and see the same view of the bridge. However, in hindsight, you get the same view on one of the tv channels. I would tell everyone that view you see on the tv, that's my view except I'm paying big bucks for it.

I did like that the bedroom had two doors instead of the side suites that have curtains between the bedroom and living room and I'm not sure if they have bathroom doors or curtains. Suite 10000 had a curtain between the bedroom and bath.

The benefits of the butler and concierge service was so worth it. Take advantage of all the amenities. I loved the express VIP disembarkation and it was fun to walk past everyone in line to go through passport control.

More later.....

• 6 years later...
  • 1 year later...