NCL Dawn AF Mini-Suite & 18 Month TWINS

lisa928

My family (about 26 people) has booked a cruise to Bermuda in May 2010 when my twin girls will be about 18 months old. Thankfully there will be lots of babysitters! J DH and I have been on NCL cruises before, twice on Dawn but this is the first time with kids! From what NCL tells us they will not provide two pack-n-plays in a mini-suite so we are reserving one and my parents (in another mini-suite) are reserving the other. If I wanted to could I fit two in a mini-suite? Someone suggesting bring sleeping bags, any thoughts if that would be better? Could they both sleep on the pull out couch bed and maybe would I want to being two bed rails? I know I am thinking way in advance but I am a planner!

These are my first kids so it also hard that I do not know what to expect at 18 months!

Depending on what your kids are like at 18 months, the two pack and plays may come in handy. I can't imagine leaving my older son alone on a mattress when he was 18 months old, but my younger son (now 12 months) would be fine - so you won't know for quite a while. By ordering both you will have some options when the time comes. I can't imagine the two pack and plays, side by side, taking up more space in the room than the couch folded out, but I can see why they won't reserve both in the room.

dh and I had a mini suite when we honeymooned on the dawn and there would be room for two pnp....just get rid of the table and chair in front of the couch.

like pp said....it will obviously depends on your girls personality by that time :-P They might be all over the place by then, he he!!

my son is 9 months and I have a friend with an 8 month old...her son has absolutely no fear and goes after anything and everything in sight. While mine is a little more cautious and not quite as quick as her son. I have a feeling he would for sure need a pnp lol

I would reserve the pnp for peace of mind, knowing that I could cancel them if I decide to use the bedrails.

We are sailing to bermuda in july with ds who will be 1 year..I am interested to see how it goes!!!

We had two oceanview rooms, one for DH and I and the other for my mother-in-law. We kept the baby and the pack-n-play in her room for sleeping and we stayed with the 4 year old in our room. Are your suites adjoining? If so, this might be an option. Have a fun time, the kids will love it.

Archived