How many different zip lines are there in Puerto Vallarta?

enjoyinglife

We are going on the Splendor to PV and the guys may want to do a zip line tour. We did one in Roatan on our last cruise and they loved it, and I liked it. They want one more challenging this cruise, if we do one. In Roatan, there were about 4 different ones and one website had a comparsion; lonest line, highest, single or double cable, ect. Is there a website like that for PV? I saw one that went over waterfalls, etc and it looked interesting, and I think they would like it.

Could someone please tell me how many different ones they have?

The names of them if more than one?

And any other info - The one I saw and showed them was EL EDEN CANOPY TOUR. Good one? Stay away? Better one because...?

Thanks for the info!

At least 3 I know off.

Vallarta Adventure (which is offered by the cruiseships.)

Los veranos - most populair with individual passengers and also booked by cruisepassengers themselves,

El Eden, not that known, but also on a nice location, a little closer to town.The movie Predator with Arnold Schwarzenegger was filmed there.

I think there may actually be four..............but if you research a lot on these boards, you will find that Los Veranos gets the most rave reviews. They're easy to find if you Google them. I speak from experience when I say Los Veranos was amazing. They had a total of 14 zips, one like a 1/4 mile long over a river. I haven't tried the other companies, but have heard that the company used by the cruise lines isn't that great. I don't think I've ever read a negative review about Los Veranos. It was a real thrill!

thanks for the info. I did read about the one that the predator was filmed at and my husband would probably chose that just because he loves the movie!

Los veranos looked like alot of fun with the water slide and El Eden looked like a lot of fun also. They both looked beautiful and adventerous. :D I wonder about scary?

• 1 month later...

El Eden is very easy, short runs, I have done this one. Very cool place to visit, very pretty setting, but I would prefer a longer zip line. So the Los Voranos would interest me. I tried to talk my traveling companion into that one when we were there, but I lost to the El Eden.

We are going on the Splendor to PV and the guys may want to do a zip line tour. We did one in Roatan on our last cruise and they loved it, and I liked it. They want one more challenging this cruise, if we do one. In Roatan, there were about 4 different ones and one website had a comparsion; lonest line, highest, single or double cable, ect. Is there a website like that for PV? I saw one that went over waterfalls, etc and it looked interesting, and I think they would like it.

Could someone please tell me how many different ones they have?

The names of them if more than one?

And any other info - The one I saw and showed them was EL EDEN CANOPY TOUR. Good one? Stay away? Better one because...?

Thanks for the info!

I think there are seven excursions, thru six operators, that feature ziplines. This link will show you most of them - http://www.puertovallartatours.net/canopy-tours.htm

The Canopy Adventure offered by your ship will be with Vallarta Adventures and is a tree-top to tree-top series of lines with a rappel to the ground at the end. http://www.vallarta-adventures.com/canopy-tour/index.html The rest start and finish nearly all lines from one ground station to another. All are as scary as you make it in your own head. My wife thinks standing on a step-stool is scary but has done Los Veranos the last two years.

WhiteSoxFan
What kind of weather can we expect in August. I'm afraid it will be really hot, like 100 deg and humid.

August will be hot, humid and you will likely have some rain at one time or another during the day. Here is a summary of Vallarta's weather for last August - http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/MMPR/2008/8/1/MonthlyHistory.html

Enjoy!

When you go on these zipline tours is there any type of security in that area to prevent being shot at by some of the groups that are regularly killing people?

Your question implies that there are groups that are taking shots at tourist at port destinations, specifically at tourists in the Puerto Vallarta area.

I think we all know that the cruise lines discontinue stopping at ports where civil/criminal unrest places passengers in danger.

Can you help us better understand your question? Do you have specific knowledge that tourists in the Vallarta area are being used for target practice? Can you site any specific incidents that were reported by the media anywhere along the Mexican Riviera?

I'm not sure it is an appropriate use of this board to spread unsubstantiated fear without factual data to support your assertion that "groups" have or are taking shots tourist in/around Vallarta or any other cruise destinations.

When you go on these zipline tours is there any type of security in that area to prevent being shot at by some of the groups that are regularly killing people?

A joke right???????....

Your question implies that there are groups that are taking shots at tourist at port destinations, specifically at tourists in the Puerto Vallarta area.

I think we all know that the cruise lines discontinue stopping at ports where civil/criminal unrest places passengers in danger.

Can you help us better understand your question? Do you have specific knowledge that tourists in the Vallarta area are being used for target practice? Can you site any specific incidents that were reported by the media anywhere along the Mexican Riviera?

I'm not sure it is an appropriate use of this board to spread unsubstantiated fear without factual data to support your assertion that "groups" have or are taking shots tourist in/around Vallarta or any other cruise destinations.

I dont think I could have expressed myself better than you! You did a great job of saying what I was thinking!

Hey guys lighten up. I was simply asking a question because I am kind of uneasy doing the zipline when we sail in July. Since we live in Texas, I have heard of gun violence between the police/federalistas and drug gangs in Mexico.

Just trying to get info to put myself at ease while you guys inferred a whole something else.

Peace:)

Hey guys lighten up. I was simply asking a question because I am kind of uneasy doing the zipline when we sail in July. Since we live in Texas, I have heard of gun violence between the police/federalistas and drug gangs in Mexico.

Just trying to get info to put myself at ease while you guys inferred a whole something else.

Peace:)

In that case you should be aware that most problems are in bordertowns, not in the area where cruise-ships come.

Lately the people of Mexico have suffered enough not only because of those violence reports, also because of the endless reports about the flu.

Thousands of people have lost their jobs, hotels and restaurants closed etc. also in areas that were not involved in this.

However now there are more flu-victims in the USA and people still travel there -cruises sail along the westcoast - without any restrictions. Nobody talks about not going there....

Archived