Now that I made final payment the price went down!

mjbelen

Gee, all this talk of credits etc. I just wish we got the prices you do in the States. We have paid AU$3400 each for a balcony room on Baja deck for the Feb Panama Cruise on the Coral Princess. Then we have approx AU$2000 each for airfares to get there and back. This is why we only go on one cruise a year. Are we ticked off about this - NO. If we didn't want to pay these prices we wouldn't go.

It would be lovely to pay the prices that I see quoted here. Thank your lucky stars to be able to go on so many cruises for such little money. I am envious.

Gee' date=' all this talk of credits etc. I just wish we got the prices you do in the States. We have paid AU$3400 each for a balcony room on Baja deck for the Feb Panama Cruise on the Coral Princess. Then we have approx AU$2000 each for airfares to get there and back. This is why we only go on one cruise a year. Are we ticked off about this - NO. If we didn't want to pay these prices we wouldn't go.

It would be lovely to pay the prices that I see quoted here. Thank your lucky stars to be able to go on so many cruises for such little money. I am envious.[/quote']

While I am sympathetic - sounds like u really are paying a lot for your cruises & air fares - I am curious though how your paying much higher rates for a cruise have any bearing on getting an OBC or rebate when prices drop.

Wldn't u ask for that if u cld get it?

We are grateful we can pay reasonable amts..and thereby cruise several times yrly..

Is there a way for u to book thru a Canadian or US agent instead so u cld obtain the lower rates or perhaps u cld move up here to Canada..? Seems distance is the problem.. :)

Have happy cruisin'!

While I am sympathetic - sounds like u really are paying a lot for your cruises & air fares - I am curious though how your paying much higher rates for a cruise have any bearing on getting an OBC or rebate when prices drop.

Wldn't u ask for that if u cld get it?

We are grateful we can pay reasonable amts..and thereby cruise several times yrly..

Is there a way for u to book thru a Canadian or US agent instead so u cld obtain the lower rates or perhaps u cld move up here to Canada..? Seems distance is the problem.. :)

Have happy cruisin'!

Seems they charge higher rates here because they can. Less population therefore the ones that want to cruise will pay the higher amount. We don't have the variety of cruise lines operating out of Australia either, so there is no competition. I am not wingeing, I am just saying that I would love to be in your position where you get really good prices and then have them lowered. But - after being on CC for a while I think I might look into booking with an online agent for our next cruise. Just a bit wary though because we are so far away. Would hate to get over there and find out we had been taken for a ride.

Seems they charge higher rates here because they can. Less population therefore the ones that want to cruise will pay the higher amount. We don't have the variety of cruise lines operating out of Australia either' date=' so there is no competition. I am not wingeing, I am just saying that I would love to be in your position where you get really good prices and then have them lowered. But - after being on CC for a while I think I might look into booking with an online agent for our next cruise. Just a bit wary though because we are so far away. Would hate to get over there and find out we had been taken for a ride.[/quote']

Sounds Like normal business practices - 'charging more because they can'..! To counter that then just book online..

Check it out here on CC first :) and I am confident folks will be happy to e-mail u the name of some reputable online booking agents.

Plse consider that anyone who books online is usually a distance away..

Might just save u some big 'bucks'..and 'envy'.. and better yet perhaps u might get some price drops also :)

Hope it works out well for u...and u have happy cruisin'! :)

Sounds Like normal business practices - 'charging more because they can'..! To counter that then just book online..

Check it out here on CC first :) and I am confident folks will be happy to e-mail u the name of some reputable online booking agents.

Plse consider that anyone who books online is usually a distance away..

Might just save u some big 'bucks'..and 'envy'.. and better yet perhaps u might get some price drops also :)

Hope it works out well for u...and u have happy cruisin'! :)

Thanks for that, yeah, I might just do that.

Tell me though - what website do I go onto to find out if the prices have dropped? I see CC'ers saying they check all the time for price drops. How do they do this? Would love to know.

Thanks for that, yeah, I might just do that.

Tell me though - what website do I go onto to find out if the prices have dropped? I see CC'ers saying they check all the time for price drops. How do they do this? Would love to know.[/quote

U are most welcome - glad to help u like other CCers have helped me - passing it forward so to speak! :)

Can't speak for others but I simply go to the cruiselines website, start 'booking' the cruise

I am interested in, like I want to book a cruise directly with them and continue from there. U simply discontinue the booking when u get the info u seek.

U may have to supply your e-mail address...

Hopefully someone else with more experience will 'jump in' here & help u out..

If not...simply ask this question in a new thread!

Have happy cruisin'! :)

Thanks for that' date=' yeah, I might just do that.

Tell me though - what website do I go onto to find out if the prices have dropped? I see CC'ers saying they check all the time for price drops. How do they do this? Would love to know.[/quote']

For our last one...we just watched the cruise line's website. When that price would go down, our TA would call and have our price changed.

However, I have only ever done this before the final payment was due. I was unaware that some can/have done it afterwards.

Archived