Enough time in Victoria?

pnccruisers

I had this in the Canada section and only got one response, I'm hoping to get more opinions here in the AK section since it's on an AK cruise...

We'll be in Victoria on Fri, June 5 from 7pm-midnight. Will there be enough time & light to see the Butchart Gardens and still do a "city tour"?

Thanks

I had this in the Canada section and only got one response, I'm hoping to get more opinions here in the AK section since it's on an AK cruise...

We'll be in Victoria on Fri, June 5 from 7pm-midnight. Will there be enough time & light to see the Butchart Gardens and still do a "city tour"?

Thanks

Nope- you need to consider the ship tour for Butchart Gardens, you simply do not have enough time to go independent. Not sure of your "city tour" reference, but if separate, then forget it. No you do not have time for both.

If you were hoping to get a different response on this board from what was given to your earlier post; unfortunately you're not going to get it. You do not have enough time for both tours; you only have enough time to take the ship's tour to the Gardens.

Will there be enough time to see Butchart Gardens on our own?

Thanks

You have the same port time??? Sorry, no, not recommended. Won't be much savings with the costly round trip cab fare, and your responsibility for getting back to the ship before it sails. .

I totally agree with everyone else. There is not enough time. We did the "Bar Tour/Tavern Tour" and we went by the Gardens, but, did not get to stop. We were able to see a lot of the town because of the stops we made were in different areas of town. We saw enough to know that we want to go back some day and spend several days. Enjoy Victoria, it is a beautiful city.

Archived