NY Waterway Ferry to Manhatten Cruise Pier

seadays4me

Taking a 8 night cruise from Manhatten and will be driving personal vehicle. Parking at the pier is $30 per day and that adds up to a whopping $240. Thats money I would rather spend on the ship. I checked with NY Waterway Ferry Service and parking is $10 a day at the terminal in Port Imperial, Weehawken, NJ. One would take the ferry to Manhatten and then use the free NY Waterway buses to be dropped off on 12th ave (accross from the cruise ship pier). Luggage is allowed on the bus.

My question is has anyone done this? This is a big savings, and may even save time depending on traffic into the city. I just do not want this option if it is a big hassle to do.

Thanks

This has been discussed on this forum, but I don't remember how much. If you do a search on Weehawken, you will find something.

This sounds like a reasonable plan to me, but only if you can manage your luggage. Talking about taking a ferry to NY is like talking about taking the subway, train, or bus. People's eyes glaze over. Most folks seem to want to just want to know how much a cab or car service will be.

Taking a 8 night cruise from Manhatten and will be driving personal vehicle. Parking at the pier is $30 per day and that adds up to a whopping $240. Thats money I would rather spend on the ship. I checked with NY Waterway Ferry Service and parking is $10 a day at the terminal in Port Imperial, Weehawken, NJ. One would take the ferry to Manhatten and then use the free NY Waterway buses to be dropped off on 12th ave (accross from the cruise ship pier). Luggage is allowed on the bus.

My question is has anyone done this? This is a big savings, and may even save time depending on traffic into the city. I just do not want this option if it is a big hassle to do.

Thanks

It really depends on your definition of big hassle. The Ferry Terminal itself is at 40th street and the Manhattan cruise terminal is at 48 to 52 nd street(where the piers are)...its not really that long of a walk even without the bus. For some its a minor inconvenience for others not worth the hassle.

You still also have to walk to where ever your car is parked in the lot on the NJ side and is not as secure as the lot in Manhattan

Archived