Viking port of calls-new ones added?

ddean52

It seems that on our viking grand euro tour in august new ports have been added( koblenz added to rudesheim, linz added to passau, durnsteim added to melk). The added ports will be visited during the evening hours. I'm more than happy to have more port options, however, it strikes me as odd that some of viking's web pages have this info and some do not. moreover, some of the printed information list the changes and some do not. jsut wanted to share this info with you. :confused::cool:

Dean, My Grand European Tour for 2009 lists each pair of cities you mention as days 4, 7, 10, & 11. We leave Amsterdam to Budapest 6/21.

it just strikes me strange that the 2009 info is not uniform on web pages and printed material. not to nit pick, however ,there is no any mention of lunch after the 'romantic road", and the music museum now looks to be an "optional" tour. :confused::cool:

Dean

Dean,

Some of the mentioned stops might be sort of technical stops only. Meaning for example: An optional/included tour to Salzburg usually starts out of Passau and passengers will reboard the ship at Linz (those going on the tour might not have any time to explore Passau or Linz at all). Might be the same for Melk and Duernstein. People on the tour will be bussed between both places visiting both. People staying aboard are cruising and might not be able to visit both places but maybe only one.

steamboats

Steamboats,

I'm sure your right! I just think that is note worthy! i mean if it was my co. and I had a ship making to port stops on the same day..I would make a point of telling my customers about it. As i stated in a prior post, I'm happy for the additional port options!::cool:

Dean

Archived