Jewel: 3rd & 4th Person Occupancy

GoofingOff

We'll be in BA balconies (10104, 10106, 10108, 10110). Website shows "+" sign for these rooms, indicating 3rd and 4th person occupancy avail (as opposed to the "triangle" symbol for 3rd person occupancy).

Can anyone tell me whether the 3rd and 4th person are accomodated by 2 pull-down bunks, sofabed, or a combination?

While I'm at it, what do you do for drinking water in the stateroom? I understand the room attendant does not bring pitchers of water? Do you bring your own bottle and fill it, drink the "tap" water, etc.?

the water on board is desalinated sea water and then goes through reverse osmosis, many people think it is great, I don't, I always bring my own. But it is certainly safe to drink if that is what you want to know. You can also buy water on board but it is pricey.

Thank you for your answers... If there is at least one pull-down bunk bed, that will be great. We have 3 to a room and prefer that over using a sofabed.

Definitely want to avoid paying for bottled water so if the tap is safe to drink, that will do. We're embarking from England for a Baltic cruise so don't know if logistics will allow us to buy and bring our own bottled water. But I suppose we can also buy bottles as we're in port.

I just returned from the Jewel cruise over Easter, and had a BA balcony stateroom. Shadowstar is correct: one bunk unfolds down from the ceiling. Note that my family felt a bit crowded, as my kids are 13 and 12 yrs old, and with the 4th bunk down, it was hard to get out on the balcony.

We drank the tap water on the ship, and the room has bottled water in it. They charge $4.50 for it, so definitely consider bringing a bottle to fill your own!

On every NCL ship I have sailed on the tap water has tasted fine, better than my home town's tap water. The ship's filtering system is similar using the same process as the soda companies bottled water. Some will try to confuse the matter with the ships pipes, but they are as clean if not cleaner than older city pipes. And many who don't like the taste will use the ship's ice which is the same tap water they refused to drink.

Go with the attitude you will love the taste of the water. If for some reason you don't like the taste, buy some bottles of water at the next port of call. Doing this will be cheaper than buying bottles of water from NCL.

That could be just a reflection of how bad your home town's water is, not how good the ship's water is. ;):D

I think you missed Don's point. The reason the glass/plexi-glass windows and balcony panels on a cruise ship always appear dirty is because they are subject to salt water mist/spray all day and all night, all year.

No amount of demineralized water from a jet washing machine is going to remove all the salt and other chemicals deposited on the glass/plexi-glass windows and balcony panels. He just used tap water stains in a glass coffee urn or in a PAP machine as an example that many of us are familiar with. :rolleyes:

One bed pulls down from the wall and another is stored underneath one of the beds like a trundle bed. Here is a topic I created: Check post #4 for a great picture:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=893765&highlight=

We were in Balcony BA 10096 on the Jewel. The third person sleeps on a sofa bed that is pulled open each evening and the fourth person sleeps on a bed that pulls down from the ceiling, above the sofa bed. (There is a small ladder that they (the room steward) sets up for the fourth person to use. No trundle bed.

Archived