Bermuda Tour Guides

jramsey757

• 6 months later...

Hi,

we are going to be in Bermuda in April off of the Summit. I was wondering what amount of time you spent with Duke and the approximate cost. Thanks for your help. I like planning ahead as well.

Terry

Terry

we hired Duke for the day so we could see the entire island - we went with him on memorial day or the equivalent in Bermuda and had trouble getting out of the port area because of a road race. Duke did not start charging us until we were able to get by the road race roadblock. 8 hours total - he charged by the hour and I forget the amount. Sorry. enjoy as he is a great guide - very personable too. Deb

• 1 month later...

Went to Bermuda in June 09 on the Majesty, docked in St George. While we did not take Duke, we did take a taxi tour. We walked off the boat and on the bridge were several taxi drivers. We found a blue flag driver and talked to him about a tour. I think the price was around $40.00 per person but could be wrong, and there was four of us. He drove us from one end of the island to the other and everywhere in between. He even stopped at a local store to get gas and brought back some Bermuda Onions for us to have on a salad at supper. Great way to see the island and learn of its history. We had hired him for the entire day, which was more than enough time to see the island and this also inculded some beach time that we did not need as we had already been to the beach. He took us in to Hamilton for some shopping time as well as shopping time at the dockyards. Prior to finishing we had to stop at the Swizzle Inn for a pick me up. We have been to Bermuda several times and while the bus pass is a great way to get around, which we have done. The taxi tour is the way to see the island. We have a group going back this summer and several are going to use the taxi service on our recommendation.

• 2 months later...

We are a group of 10. Do they have vans to accomodate us all, or will we have to go in two taxis? Or, does anyone have a recommendation for an all-island tour guide who uses small busses or vans?

• 1 month later...

Have a group of 6 visiting in mid-July. Includes my father who lived on the island over 45 years ago (would like to find his old house and other places he remembers). Looking for a guide/driver for about half a day that can carry 6 folks. Any recommendations? Does Blue Flag cabs have cabs that hold six? What is the approximate cost?

• 2 weeks later...

I made reservations with Duke for late June using the e-mail address above in the post. He quoted $40/hour for 1-4 people or $55/hour for 5-6, stating that most tours are 4-5 hours. Seems like a nice guy.:)

I made reservations with Duke for late June using the e-mail address above in the post. He quoted $40/hour for 1-4 people or $55/hour for 5-6, stating that most tours are 4-5 hours. Seems like a nice guy.:)

FYI - These are the standard prices (may be set by the gov, but not sure). So, for example, a four hour tour would be $160 divided by 1-4 people. It is NOT $40/hr per person (unless you are going solo).

Sailing soon!

Sara

FYI - These are the standard prices (may be set by the gov, but not sure). So, for example, a four hour tour would be $160 divided by 1-4 people. It is NOT $40/hr per person (unless you are going solo).

Sailing soon!

Sara

The prices are regulated. All will charge that rate. And as you say the rate is not per person. Divide it by the number of people to figure per person cost.

Duke Soares, Taxi 1400 is a native Onion and a vintage car racer. He's a very knowledgable guide. Contact him at 1-441-535-3465 or Bdashortz@hotmail.com

We just finished a tour with Duke and cannot recommend him highly enough. The tour was 4 and one half hours, there were 4 of us and we paid $100.00 per couple as we chose to tip him $20.00 per couple. He was a wealth of information and very pleasant to be around.

We just finished a tour with Duke and cannot recommend him highly enough. The tour was 4 and one half hours, there were 4 of us and we paid $100.00 per couple as we chose to tip him $20.00 per couple. He was a wealth of information and very pleasant to be around.

I emailed Duke this past Saturday but have not heard from him yet. DH and I will be in Bermuda May 31-June1 and would like an island tour with him. Your tour was 41/2 hours, what did it cover? My budget for a whole island tour with no beach time is $200.00 so that sounds about right. Glad you liked him.

I emailed Duke this past Saturday but have not heard from him yet. DH and I will be in Bermuda May 31-June1 and would like an island tour with him. Your tour was 41/2 hours, what did it cover? My budget for a whole island tour with no beach time is $200.00 so that sounds about right. Glad you liked him.

Four hours would be about half the island. They kind of have the tours divided between South Shore Beaches, Somerset, Dockyard on the West or St. George, Flatts Village and Tuckertown on the other end. I did not use Duke but our driver modified what was covered to our request. Likely Duke would also. For example we subtracted Crystal Caves and added a drive through some other areas. You can see more if you avoid long or longer stops like the Crystal Caves or the Zoo. But you do want to make stops and get out of the taxi.

• 1 year later...

Archived