conecting staterooms on liberty D2 aft 8380/8382

Has anyone been in either of these rooms? 2 seater couch or chairs? thanks for your help:)

I'm watching as well....I too have these same cabins. I started a thread about 2 months ago with similar questions, and really got nothing specific, just your usual answers. Its either a chair and the door is between the bathroom and chair, or the door is on the wall facing the ends of the beds.

Anyone know excatly? Or better yet, any pics?

OP I sail on Saturday, so for sure I can get you an answer in about 14 days! :D

Edited by um5xno1

We had connecting D2 cabins (7650/7652) two years ago on the Liberty. We only had a chair and a small glass table. We really would have liked to have had a sofa so if we were in the cabin, we could sit down and have coffee or wine or whatever if we weren't on the balcony. I have to say, I wasn't impressed that you could not lock the connecting door from your side once the cabin steward had opened it up for you. :( This round we just got cabins side by side...now we have a couch and no unlocked door. lol

2182195240072424369S425x425Q85.jpg

hope this helps....best of luck :)

Edited by Esmerelda

I'll be sailing on the Liberty this Saturday and have been assigned connecting cabins 9520/9522. How much noise will be transmitted thru the door? Will I hear the person in the next room snoring or watching TV all night long?

I tried to change my cabin assignment to a non-connecting stateroom but to no avail. I wonder if I ask right before the cruise in case a non-connecting cabin frees up at the last minute.

I'll be sailing on the Liberty this Saturday and have been assigned connecting cabins 9520/9522. How much noise will be transmitted thru the door? Will I hear the person in the next room snoring or watching TV all night long?

I tried to change my cabin assignment to a non-connecting stateroom but to no avail. I wonder if I ask right before the cruise in case a non-connecting cabin frees up at the last minute.

cathy: We have connecting cabins also, but we requested it because..my brother and sister-in-law are joining us..I can understand if you don't know the people next to you..I know I sure wouldn't..

Also, we are going on the Liberty the same time..we have a roll call going on that are meeting up..have you signed up for the meet & mingle? If not..come on over and join us..

We had connecting D2 cabins (7650/7652) two years ago on the Liberty. We only had a chair and a small glass table. We really would have liked to have had a sofa so if we were in the cabin, we could sit down and have coffee or wine or whatever if we weren't on the balcony. I have to say, I wasn't impressed that you could not lock the connecting door from your side once the cabin steward had opened it up for you. :( This round we just got cabins side by side...now we have a couch and no unlocked door. lol

2182195240072424369S425x425Q85.jpg

hope this helps....best of luck :)

Question... I see a "corner" behind the chair....what is that? Is that the bathroom wall? We are going to have a pack n play for the baby to sleep in and this corner looks to be a great spot. Just have to figure out what to do with the chair!!! LOL

Thanks for the help!

It looks like from the picture that Esmerelda sent that there is a chair in the corner of the room beside the door..you can see the night stand beside the bed..

See, I wasn't sure if that was the nightstand or the end of the vanity. I guess it is the nightstand bc of the separating curtain that is seen there. So the "corner" would be the outside of the bathroom wall.

Also, Jbert said his door was at the foot of the bed, so these are certainly two different set ups. I guess I'll know in about 72 hours from now....LOL

Edited by um5xno1

See, I wasn't sure if that was the nightstand or the end of the vanity. I guess it is the nightstand bc of the separating curtain that is seen there. So the "corner" would be the outside of the bathroom wall.

Also, Jbert said his door was at the foot of the bed, so these are certainly two different set ups. I guess I'll know in about 72 hours from now....LOL

Yeah, thats what I thought when I seen it..that would be a good place for you all to put the baby's bed there..if you don't need the chair..maybe they will take it out of the room for you..just a thought.

Question... I see a "corner" behind the chair....what is that? Is that the bathroom wall? We are going to have a pack n play for the baby to sleep in and this corner looks to be a great spot. Just have to figure out what to do with the chair!!! LOL

Thanks for the help!

We had a similar cabin on our last cruise, we moved the chair next to the night stand it fit perfectly there, then you would have the corner space for the crib.

There was also a small glass table, that would need to go somewhere, we had put it against the corner.

Yeah, thats what I thought when I seen it..that would be a good place for you all to put the baby's bed there..if you don't need the chair..maybe they will take it out of the room for you..just a thought.

I was thinking that as well...we were going to fold up the PnP when not in use anyway, and roll it under the bed of in the closet. That way there is some open floor space for the baby to play with her toys.

I will have to see just how tight it is at night....with no sofa, I don't know if we want to completely eliminate our only seating option in the room. We are connecting with my mom, and hope to have the balcony dividers open....with that set up, we should have plenty of seating options for the 4 adults regardless....maybe we can even put the chair in Mom's room and use that as the hang out room for nap time....

Edited by um5xno1

I'm watching as well....I too have these same cabins. I started a thread about 2 months ago with similar questions, and really got nothing specific, just your usual answers. Its either a chair and the door is between the bathroom and chair, or the door is on the wall facing the ends of the beds.

Anyone know excatly? Or better yet, any pics?

OP I sail on Saturday, so for sure I can get you an answer in about 14 days! :D

Thanks for your help will be waiting for your answer and pictures if possible it's DD's sweet 16 would have been nice not 2 have one person sit on the bed for breakfast we asked for connecting staterooms but wasn't aware we might lose the couch. have a great cruise.

I was thinking that as well...we were going to fold up the PnP when not in use anyway, and roll it under the bed of in the closet. That way there is some open floor space for the baby to play with her toys.

I will have to see just how tight it is at night....with no sofa, I don't know if we want to completely eliminate our only seating option in the room. We are connecting with my mom, and hope to have the balcony dividers open....with that set up, we should have plenty of seating options for the 4 adults regardless....maybe we can even put the chair in Mom's room and use that as the hang out room for nap time....

Yeah, that would be a good idea..we are going to do the same thing having the balcony's open too. But, I do like the idea of the door on the side of the wall instead of at the foot of the bed..I was trying to picture that from the layout of the room..like if you wanted connecting rooms the doors would open at the foot of the bed..which didn't make sense to me.

We had a similar cabin on our last cruise, we moved the chair next to the night stand it fit perfectly there, then you would have the corner space for the crib.

There was also a small glass table, that would need to go somewhere, we had put it against the corner.

Thanks for your help on the rooms..

Didn't think of that bc of the angle of the picture....nice suggestion. On other cruises, we have had the coffee table removed even before we had the baby....we just never seem to use it, too low to eat, too small for anything siginificant, and always end up bumping our shins or ankles on it getting ready. We also could use the space this time for baby play area.

Edited by um5xno1

Yeah, that would be a good idea..we are going to do the same thing having the balcony's open too. But, I do like the idea of the door on the side of the wall instead of at the foot of the bed..I was trying to picture that from the layout of the room..like if you wanted connecting rooms the doors would open at the foot of the bed..which didn't make sense to me.

LOL, thats funny bc thats what we were hoping for...its seems to me, that is the best place to put it without having to adjust the normal layout of the room. There is usually a large (relative, of course) blank wall at the foot of the bed between the end of the vanity and the balcony door. This way the "living area" would not be altered, also allowing for pull outs if the catagory allows....anyway, it is what it is.

According to C&A (yes I called, this is really intriguing me...LOL) there are no doors at the foot of the beds, and all are in a similar location to the picture posted by CC'er Esmerelda.

I swear I saw a picture of a joining door in the foot of the bed region, but I just cannot find it on here....I'll keep looking.

If you read the OP's post at the beginning of this thread they were in one of the 2 rooms on the FOS and the door was at the foot of the bed. Thay should know if they were there physically. I checked the deck plans for both ships and the rooms are in the exact same place on each ship.:D

Edited by realblonde

I found the pic!!!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=881549&highlight=

Check out post #10...its clearly shows the door adjacent to the balcony door on that blank wall I referenced earlier.....they do state that this particular cabin connects to an RFS, and ours are two connecting D-2's, so that may be the difference.

See I knew the pic existed somewhere! Hooray for my sanity!:p

I would still be inclined to believe OP as they were physically in one of the 2 rooms on the same class ship. and our rooms don't connect 2 any others. Have 2 wait and see. P.S. glad 2 hear ur sanity is still intact not 2 sure about mine.

Edited by realblonde

If you read the OP's post at the beginning of this thread they were in one of the 2 rooms on the FOS and the door was at the foot of the bed. Thay should know if they were there physically. I checked the deck plans for both ships and the rooms are in the exact same place on each ship.:D

WOW....I was just trying to help you out....I did find a pic and just posted it so I know it exists, I was simply stating what C&A reported to me, I know they can be wrong, and the photo I produced proved it.

BTW, you were are OP, as OP means original post. Jbert was responding.

Sorry did't mean to seem ungrateful for the picture. I was more or less agreeing with you that the door could be were Jbert said it was in his cabin Thank's for letting me know the meaning of OP i really thought it meant other person guess im still learning and have a great cruise!:)

Edited by realblonde