Ex Military

Just a thought, that maybe a site for former military might work out. I'm retired USAF@24yrs+, Diamond on RCCL and about 5 on Carnival. Seems like we might have a common bond, regardless of service. Kind of like I don't really care if my candy on pillow goes away . People need to get real.

Wil be on Serenade 5/16 to AK Bob & Kathy rdubois16@cfl.rr.com

Just a thought, that maybe a site for former military might work out. I'm retired USAF@24yrs+, Diamond on RCCL and about 5 on Carnival. Seems like we might have a common bond, regardless of service. Kind of like I don't really care if my candy on pillow goes away . People need to get real.

Wil be on Serenade 5/16 to AK Bob & Kathy rdubois16@cfl.rr.com

Have you checked out your roll call in the meet and mingle thread? You might find you've got some awesome folks on your cruise. We've always seemed to run into quite a few retired military on all our trips.

I'd agree that military service gives you a different perspective on things... DH is retired AF - 26 years. We're definitely enjoying his retirement.

Have a great time on Serenade. She's one of our favorite ships, we'll be sailing on her again in January.

Bob, I too am ex-military 23 years Army.. we'll be on the cruise with you.. me and an Army Buddy... (she is still active duty).. we'll be wearing our Dress Blues on one of the Formal Night just to remind people that there are people still serving...

See you there... check out the roll call form..

In the "Floataway Lounge" section of this board there is a military/spouse/former military thread going..you might want to check it out. Here is the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=925642

By the way, I'm former Navy myself, and my late husband was a retired Marine Lieutenant Colonel (buried at Arlington).

Susan

In the "Floataway Lounge" section of this board there is a military/spouse/former military thread going..you might want to check it out. Here is the link:

By the way, I'm former Navy myself.

Susan

Thanks, Susan... :) I've been around here for years and had no idea this thread even existed...

By the way, I'm former Navy myself, and my late husband was a retired Marine Lieutenant Colonel (buried at Arlington).

Susan

thanks susan , my army buddy Bonnie, her husband (retired SFC Army) passed away a year ago and is also buried at Arlington.. We all met in Kuwait in '92.

Susan

Sorry for your loss, Marines were top's in the people I knew. I managed to be in a job where my job wasn't needed in combat at the right time, forever thankful. I'm torn between Arlington and being tossed off a cruise ship ( with dignity ) in the Carib.

Retired submarine nuke Chief. I was a quitter, only did 20 and 4 months. Sometimes wish I was back. Diamond on RCL. Almost quit coming to the boards over the serious high whine alarms a few weeks back. Glad it's settled down some.

Retired submarine nuke Chief. I was a quitter, only did 20 and 4 months. Sometimes wish I was back. Diamond on RCL. Almost quit coming to the boards over the serious high whine alarms a few weeks back. Glad it's settled down some.

Wraithe, like you, did not enjoy these boards recently. Lotta whining and crying. Good to sea a new thread over on Floataway.

I was a bigger quitter than you, did one year in Vietnam. NEVER wished I was back.

Fortunately, now D+ on RCL.

Rick

Katbob - we will be cruising with you on the

May 16th Alaska cruise. We are retired Navy

husband (Larry) put in 30 years - he rode subs and retired as a MasterChief.

You should check out our roll call and come to our meet and mingle.

Vie Lee

Looking for Military link. Retired USAF Msgt, 24 yrs+ trying to make contact with similar people. Care less about the chocolates on the pillow. Rdubois16@cfl.rr.com

Alaska 5/16 on Sernanade

Hi katbob, what did you do in the AF? I was a dog handler from 1983-1991, stationed in TX, NJ, Philippines and DC.

Nice thread....

Retired AF SMsgt after 24 years (became no fun anymore), did 5.5 years active Navy and was issued a Navy wife <G>, new lassie in flight dispatch. Then did 19 years in Air Guard. Did more deployments in the Guard than when on active duty and did a lot more interesting things. But both services were GREAT and enjoyed 23 years of it quite a bit.

regards

Scott

Great thread! I am an Air Force wife of 32 years. Husband was 4 years regular AF and 28 years Air National Guard. He is still serving proudly. He may retire in about 2 more years, unless he makes O-7 this year, in which case he will stay on longer. They will have to PUSH him out! ;) You guys and gals are truly a special breed! It is a pleasure to be associated with all of you, even if only by marriage! :D

Hi katbob, what did you do in the AF? I was a dog handler from 1983-1991, stationed in TX, NJ, Philippines and DC.

Did 1965 to 1988 with a few months in time in Reserves, First assignment was Ankara, Turkey(1965-1967)in Accounting & Finance.

Transferred to Reese AFB, TX and x trained in Mgt Eng field (manpower people) 733X1

Onto MAC, doing Manpower Standards on C141 Maint.

Then to Elmendorf AFB, Ak, best assignment ever, Drove from NJ to AK in 1967 VW Camper

After that Dover AFB and Tyndall AFB, FL, doing manpower standards for AFCOMS, CE and Food Service.

Last Patrick AFB, Fl AFTAC, Hq assg boring, ,put in papers when security clearance came up again.

Katbob - we will be cruising with you on the

May 16th Alaska cruise. We are retired Navy

husband (Larry) put in 30 years - he rode subs and retired as a MasterChief.

You should check out our roll call and come to our meet and mingle.

Vie Lee

How does a Sub Guy end up in Utah, or is there a secret passage

Great thread! I am an Air Force wife of 32 years. Husband was 4 years regular AF and 28 years Air National Guard. He is still serving proudly. He may retire in about 2 more years, unless he makes O-7 this year, in which case he will stay on longer. They will have to PUSH him out! ;) You guys and gals are truly a special breed! It is a pleasure to be associated with all of you, even if only by marriage! :D

Being an B.G. isn't too bad, (totally guessing, the benefits are great) Good luck on Promotion. Bob & Kathy

35 year Navy LDO (Chief Gunners Mate to Chief Warrant Officer to Limited Duty Officer). Could not make up my mind on what I wanted to do. :D

Transitioned to the civilian life 2 years ago and ended up going back to work for the Navy as a civilian. :eek:

I think that it should be mandatory that the whiners go enjoy the meals and living conditions that we in the military had/have to endure. Let them experience the 6-9 month deployments and some of the long hours that we sacraficed to protect our freedom.

I now enjoy the freedom that I spent 35 years protecting by going on cruises with DW and being able to take her with me.

OBTW, Hi Ellen, DW and I are looking forward to cruising with you and Dana in the future.

I think that it should be mandatory that the whiners go enjoy the meals and living conditions that we in the military had/have to endure. Let them experience the 6-9 month deployments and some of the long hours that we sacraficed to protect our freedom.

some of the army deployments were 15 months, and some people have been back 4/5 times..... I am also glad to see most of the winning has died down.. Americans for the most part don't know how good they have it..

to all the military past, present and future..... we salute you..

Archived