Freedom out of Port Canaveral

OK, the stakes just got tighter. The HAL Eurodam cruise has gone up to $825, making the gap only a $346 difference in price. That may be worth the extra eating venues that the Eurodam doesn't have. Still I think that waiting MAY be the way to go.

When does the Freedom arrive in Port Canaveral? That may play a part on demand for the ship, therefore the ship may sell out at the higher prices.

I am surprised that the balcony price is so low - this early out - for a late summer sailing. Hope you don't run into what we did on the Liberty, last year at the same time. It began the August 29th week. We got a great price, only to find (after boarding) that there were 150 fifteen year old girls and their families celebrating the girl's birthdays. They were from Venezuela and they overtook the ship. :eek: That's really why we are not too crazy about taking that class of ship again. Too many people! I hope that doesn't happen in early October and those girls are back in school.

Freedom arrives in Port Canaveral on May 4th.......:D 11 days and counting...I can't wait because I'll be on her for the first sailing out of PC.....YIPEE!!!!!!!!!

I love Port Canaveral! Mainly because it is only 20 minutes from my house and I don't have to pay the ridiculous parking fees. I've been out of Miami, Ft Lauderdale, and PC. All were pretty similiar experiences. Getting lost just East of the Port of Miami is also an exciting experience.

If I was flying to Florida I don't think I would pay the extra money that RCCl is getting for the Freedom. Orlando is 50 miles from the port so there is the extra fees associated with getting here. I know the Ft. Lauderdale airport is very close to the port. I'm not sure about Miami but I believe the airport and cruise port are very close together.

Don't get me wrong, getting to PC is very easy from Orlando and just south of the port is Cocoa Beach, a fantastic little beach town that is very safe to walk around in. Most people do not know anything about Cocoa Beach except Ron Jon's and I Dream of Jeannie (which is a street in town). There is plenty of places to eat, do some shopping, and miles of gorgeous beach.

Hey wayne_trisha! Maybe you can help us out. Our ship will actually be docked for a day at Port Canaveral. What's the best way for 4 of us to go to Cocoa Beach--local bus? shuttle? having you come pick us up?---LOL!!! Thanks for any info!

• 3 weeks later...

I have only cruised on DCL Magic before. Found answers to all my questions on the disboard and Dis website. However, not having quite as much luck with RCCL. Any suggestions on where I might find sample menus or sample of their version of a "daily navigator" detailing cruise shows and activities?

There are several other RCCL ships that are less expensive than Freedom out of Port Canaveral. The main reason why is supply and demand. RCCL has been AOL from Port Canaveral for seven night cruises since Mariner left there back in January. That port is very good for RCCL and now that Freedom will be sailing from there in May, that area is very "hungry" for a RCCL seven night cruise. Hence the supply and demand theory.

I have spoken with a couple of TA's on and off this board and they all say the same thing that Port Canaveral is very important to RCCL.

Tim

HEY TIM;

HOW THE HE** ARE YOU?!? :p

Great to see you on the boards. We are cruising Freedom this July!!

I see in your history you've been making a few trips in July - Come Go With Us!!

We also just booked the Celebrity Infinity (first time with them) for next November - Thanksgiving.

Tell eveyone we say hi and miss ya'

Hey wayne_trisha! Maybe you can help us out. Our ship will actually be docked for a day at Port Canaveral. What's the best way for 4 of us to go to Cocoa Beach--local bus? shuttle? having you come pick us up?---LOL!!! Thanks for any info!

I'm not Wayne or Trisha, but live about a mile from them.

Check with your cruiseline because there may be day excursions to the beach. It's a 10 minute drive from the port to Shephard Park, which is where Ron Jon's is located. Nice beach, bathhouse, food places nearby. If they do not have excursions then you could definitely take a taxi - but know that they are a bit pricey.

Here is a thread that has almost everything about Port Canaveral:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=436720&highlight=cocoa+beach+taxi&page=296

I'd give you a ride to the beach, but some of us have to WORK! :D

Archived