Bar Menu Prices - RC vs Carnival

I have done a little scrolling through the threads and it looks like RC has increased their bar prices quite a bit. Being that this will be my first RC cruise, I was suprised to see their costs are much more than Carnival. Can anyone give any recent prices or menus? Carnival has always been fairly resonable but RC looks like they are STEEP!! Thanks in advance.

Cocktails about $8, except drink of the day which is discounted 20%

Beers about $4.50

Mixed spirits about $6.50

Wines between $4 to $100

There are plenty of ways to smuggle your own liquor. Do take some of your own and enjoy responsibly.

Just of the Monarch my Captain & diet was 5.50 ( plus tip ) same as i paid on the enchantment last year ..stronger and much less expenasive than many of the restaurants i frequent on land.. even the martinis at 9.50 ish were very reasonable i thought ...now drinks of the day in desginer glasses thats another story ...

Just of the Monarch my Captain & diet was 5.50 ( plus tip ) same as i paid on the enchantment last year ..stronger and much less expenasive than many of the restaurants i frequent on land.. even the martinis at 9.50 ish were very reasonable i thought ...now drinks of the day in desginer glasses thats another story ...

That's my drink of choice as well!! Must be a NE thing! ;)

My last cruise on Enchantment in October had similar drink prices. Not really out of line with bars and restaurants around here but stronger with a much better setting! :)

I am going to get ridiculed, but here goes. Captain and diet is my drink also. We packed 2 bottles of captain one in each suitcase. One made it to our room, the other was taken and a note was left in our suitcase. We purchased one soda package and mixed our own drinks during the day.

For dinner, we purchased a wine package ahead of time, great idea, good value. After dinner we purchased cocktails at the various bars.

We did not mind spending money on drinks as we understand this is how money is made. Having the captain to supplement our purchases helped. We are not big drinkers, but as we were cruising with other families, we tended to drink more than we would if it was just the 2 of us.

If your a beer drinker:

On RCCL they have a "decent" deal 5 16oz. beers of your choosing for about $25, I think thats the price w/ tax/tip and stuff. It could be a little more. Can't quite remember cause drank alot of them on Mariner last year.:D

Something I discovered on one of my last cruises, after paying $10 for a margarita! The menu price for the margaritas covers top shelf liquor. If you ask for a "regular" you get the standard bottom shelf, which is fine with me. The price on that was $5-6.

Another thing I just thought of. This has been covered on the boards before but to really keep your bar bill down a few bucks on any cruise line, remember this about souveneir glasses.

Whenever your order a drink or the drink of the day, they typically just take the order and bring it back in a fancy cool looking plastic soueveneir cup/glass. If you request upon placing your order that you don't want that glass, they will usually bring it in a standard plastic cup just like you would find in the buffet restaurants. This will knock a few bucks off of every drink.

So rule of thumb is if you want a glass go ahead and get one for your first drink, and then start requesting normal cups. Always check your receipt before you sign for your drink to make sure the surcharge for the facny glass is not tacked on.

• 2 weeks later...
Cocktails about $8, except drink of the day which is discounted 20%

Beers about $4.50

Mixed spirits about $6.50

Wines between $4 to $100

There are plenty of ways to smuggle your own liquor. Do take some of your own and enjoy responsibly.

And those ways would be, please? Doing a Southampton in & out in November and footing bill for kids so tips appreciated. :)

Please see attached .pdf file for drink prices from Jewel last month.

What happen to the Mango Tango? I don't see this on the price list. This is my favorite day drink by the pool.

Please see attached .pdf file for drink prices from Jewel last month.

Thanks Linda,

I can see it's going to be a working holiday with being here on C.C. Wot with taking piccies of food and drinks lists and menus :D

Berwyn

PS did you make the PDF. file? That's clever.

And thanks again for the packing list it'll come in handy in a week or 2

Prices aside, IMHO the drinks are quite a bit better on RCL. For example, I like a Mai Tai. RCI consistently makes it with their standard fruit juices, grenadine, almond syrup and 2 kinds of rum. I'm not sure how they make it on Carnival, but it always seems to come in a highball glass and tastes like a whiskey sour.

Many thanks for all the help and advice offered. :) Just trying to source something similar to rum runners over here.

um me too!! best i could come up with was a camelbak bladder, a roll up water bottle and a rumrunner look alike but with Radox hand wash in!!

if you go to the home page on here and look in money sving tips there is a massive thread on smuggling.....get your asbestos pants out though cos the RCI loyalty police will be waiting to give you their opinion on smugglers!!..lol

Lou

Archived