just booked celebrity Mediterranean legacies cruise

mrose1120

Hi all,

Just booked the Mediterranean legacies cruise from November 14-28 on the Summit for my honeymoon with my then new wife :)

We've never cruised celebrity or to europe, so any recommendations about things to do in the ports, or suggestions about celebrity, that is REALLY appreciated.

We got a CC class room, and one question I do have, is will there be a spa package for the entire time? or a good deal at the spa you recommend?

thanks in advance1

ports are:

Saturday, November 14, 2009 Venice, Italy -- -- Sunday, November 15, 2009 Venice, Italy -- 03:00 PM Monday, November 16, 2009 Dubrovnik, Croatia 09:00 AM 06:00 PM Tuesday, November 17, 2009 At Sea -- -- Wednesday, November 18, 2009 Athens (piraeus), Greece 07:00 AM 07:00 PM Thursday, November 19, 2009 Ephesus (kusadasi), Turkey 07:00 AM -- Friday, November 20, 2009 Ephesus (kusadasi), Turkey -- 03:30 PM Saturday, November 21, 2009 At Sea -- -- Sunday, November 22, 2009 Naples/capri, Italy 08:00 AM 08:00 PM Monday, November 23, 2009 Rome (civitavecchia), Italy 07:00 AM -- Tuesday, November 24, 2009 Rome (civitavecchia), Italy -- 07:00 PM Wednesday, November 25, 2009 Florence/pisa(livorno),italy 07:00 AM 07:00 PM Thursday, November 26, 2009 Nice (villefranche), France 07:00 AM 08:00 PM Friday, November 27, 2009 At Sea -- -- Saturday, November 28, 2009 Barcelona, Spain -- --

thanks!!!

You will love this cruise!!! It is very port intensive but you will see the most amazing sites. I took this cruise in October of 2007 and dream about going back. Some quick tips. If you take ships tours(many don't, but I did and they were great) make sure that if you want to see the Sistine Chapel in Rome that the tour specifically lists the Sistine Chapel. Many people thought that if the tour included St. Peter's Baisilica that it would include the Chapel It doesn't. Also, in Florence, try not to miss seeing the statue of David. It is truly breathtaking. Some tours only include the copy of the statue, which trust me is no copy. Since I went about the same time of year I should warn you that you will need to prepare for all types of weather. We froze in Venice and Florence and wore shorts in Ephesus(which is unbelivable by the way). Don't miss the Celcius Library! Barcelona was great fun, try to stay an extra day or two if you can. We did the Capri, Sorrento, Pompei tour which was great. Many will encourage you to seek out private tours, and that is fine. Sometimes, however, new cruisers are more comfortable with ships tours so I don't want you to think that they are bad, I got to see everything I wanted and met some great people. Make sure you book your excursions ahead of time online so that you reserve your space for what you want. Oh, the Florence stop will include Pisa if you are interested in the Leaning Tower. You can take a tour that stops on the way in to Florence. It is worth doing. If I think of anything else I will post back. Enjoy researching all the ports. It is half the fun! Bon Yoyage and Best Wishes on your marriage.

Keep watching the rates- My guess is you will be able to upgrade to a suite for equal/less money by the time of sailing.

We honeymooned in a Celebrity Suite, and it was the ultimate honeymoon experience..

Also check out the roll calls and Europe boards for GREAT info.

Keep watching the rates- My guess is you will be able to upgrade to a suite for equal/less money by the time of sailing.

We honeymooned in a Celebrity Suite, and it was the ultimate honeymoon experience..

Also check out the roll calls and Europe boards for GREAT info.

already on the roll call and will be sure to check the europe boards...

Great info about the suite, hopefully that works out:)

We have done this both times.

Paid less for a CS than a 2A for our Honeymoon...

Booek a CS for our Med cruise in May.. and ended up in a Royal Suite for 4K less...

The trick is to check EVERY day. Sounds like overkill, but it pays off! I actaully checked 2x a day for the past year.. and the rates always seems to change around noon time EST.. meaning I would go in at 8am.. nothing.. Then I would go in at lunch, and a huge change would happen.

And keep checking after final payment- they stil give refunds.

Also be sure to put in the state you live in- as we got the sweet rate based on residency... (CT for us)

Congrats!!

When you book your air, build in extra days at BOTH ends. Venice is wonderful and is worth 3 days *easy*, as is Barcelona. If you add a 4th day at the beginning, you can also include a day-trip on the train (on check-out day) to Verona, city of Romeo and Juliet. You can then collect your bags from the hotel and board in the evening on Saturday. ;)

Also remember that open-jaw flights in Europe can easily be booked on your own, without extra fees for flying into one city and out another. Mid-week flights are always cheaper. Seat sales for Europe in the Fall should start popping up in the next couple of months, as we're seeing them now for the summer months.

You have picked a great itinerary - what a wonderful honeymoon!

Archived