Where do I find the Maitre d’ Hotel?

madmacnz

Princess has instructed me to contact the Maitre d’ Hotel upon boarding, to advise him of my dietary needs (gluten free).

Can anyone tell me where to find this person please - we'll be on the Crown Princess? I haven't cruised before so I'm not familiar with these people/roles and where to find them.

Many thanks!

Carol in New Zealand

Hi There,

You will find him at one of the main dinning rooms on the first day of boarding with a long line of folk wanting to change tables etc.

If you go to the front desk and ask once you board they will tell you where and when to find him.

I would also write down your needs, put your cabin number on it, if fixed dinning your table number as well and hand it to him.

For the first few meals I would double check to see your waiters etc all have the correct information.

When do you cruise I am on the Crown in a few weeks

yours shogun

Thank you for that information (and apologies for there being a multiple posting of this thread - CC was obviously stuck and it took half an hour to get the message to go through - then it went multiple times :D)

I'll ask at the front desk first then. When will I find out my table number? We're late sitting. I seem to see different times around for when that is - 8 pm, 8.15 pm, 8.30 pm..... I guess we'll figure it out!

We're sailing on the Crown on 17 May - Rome to Venice!

Thanks again.

Carol in NZ

Hi There,

You will find him at one of the main dinning rooms on the first day of boarding with a long line of folk wanting to change tables etc.

If you go to the front desk and ask once you board they will tell you where and when to find him.

I would also write down your needs, put your cabin number on it, if fixed dinning your table number as well and hand it to him.

For the first few meals I would double check to see your waiters etc all have the correct information.

When do you cruise I am on the Crown in a few weeks

yours shogun

OK - so they're one and the same - thanks for answering all my questions. And, I see that the 2nd sitting is at 8.15 pm.

Carol

your cruise card is your room key, and is used to charge things to you on board account....and used to get on and off the ship at ports.

Princess has instructed me to contact the Maitre d’ Hotel upon boarding, to advise him of my dietary needs (gluten free).

Can anyone tell me where to find this person please - we'll be on the Crown Princess? I haven't cruised before so I'm not familiar with these people/roles and where to find them.

Many thanks!

Carol in New Zealand

Carol,

You will find a "Princess Patter" which is the daily activity sheet in your cabin upon boarding. It will list the time and location to meet with the Maitre'd. Short of that stop by the Passenger Service Desk and ask them the location and time.

Have a fabulous cruise.

Once you have sorted everything out with the Maitre 'd after boarding, suggest that at the first night's dinner you request your waiter to ask the head waiter for your section of the dinning room to stop by your table.

The head waiter will be your liaison with the galley to assure your needs are met. He also will bring the next night's menu by your table each evening so you can select what you would like to order for your next meal and it can be ordered for you.

This system works very well.

Look in the Patter newsletter found in your cabin upon embarkation.

There will be a time setup in the patter for one of the dining rooms where he will have a table and meet with passengers to fix dining issues like this.

Get there early as the line can be long.

Thanks everyone for firming up those details, and alerting me to the Princess Patter. That blog was helpful and reassuring too. My information had already been sent to Princess, and they have replied with a detailed email and the instruction to see the Maitre d'Hotel asap - hence my need to know where to find him/her.

Thanks again! Looks like I'll be in good hands with Princess.

Cheers

Carol in NZ

Archived