Serenade Balcony E1 E2 or E3

I am looking to book a Serenade cruise, balcony cabin. There is a slight price difference between categories E1, E2 and E3. Other than Deck level is there any difference? Also D1 is substantially more expensive ($400 more than E1). What makes D1 worth that much more?

Thanks for any feedback anyone has.

Each of those cabins will be exactly the same size---it's the location and/or bedding that you will be paying more for.

A D catagory is larger than an E---that's why it cost more. Whether the added space is worth more money is for you to decide!

Some of the balconies overlook the lifeboats so you won't be able to see straight down to the sea. This might not be an issue for you --- it's not for me.

Some of the deck 7 & 8 cabins are most effected by this but I find it hard to believe that the other decks aren't also.

The cabins far forward, rear, aft and on the hump are not effected.

This has been discussed a lot and pics are everywhere. Try doing a search.

Here's a start...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=968786&highlight=balcony+lifeboats

On Serenade we booked E's instead of D's because there was a big price difference, and a D is not that much bigger.

Some of the E's might be priced higher if they are higher-occupancy rooms. There is a little symbol near the cabin number that will match up to a key on the page. They won't usually let you book 2 in a room for 4 (at least initially when bookings open). We like the E's that are on Deck 8 near the midship elevators: 8086 8088 8102 8104

i just came off of the Serenade last week , had suite 7158 near the rear of the ship. I did not like the location as this is an extended balcony and the decks above you can look down on you and your neighbors on either side of you can also look at you as the partition only goes half way along the length. There are about 10 of these cabins . Oh ya, the exhaust spewing out of the back of the ship wafted by the balcony on a few days also. You could smell the exhaust on the open air eating area on deck 11 also.Other than that we had a great time , great food and service. I wanted to try Radiance class , but prefer the bigger ships. Guess i will try the Oasis next year, having sailed on Voyager and Liberty class already.

Archived