Question on paying for upgrade

lsane2

We're booked with the 2-for-1 special to Alaska this summer. If we want to upgrade, do we get the upgraded cabin at the price it was when we booked or what it is now?

I'm thinking we would have to pay what it is now, but thought I'd ask.:o

Thanks!

We're booked with the 2-for-1 special to Alaska this summer. If we want to upgrade, do we get the upgraded cabin at the price it was when we booked or what it is now?

I'm thinking we would have to pay what it is now, but thought I'd ask.:o

Thanks!

Yes, you would pay the difference in the price the stateroom is listed for now!

Unfortunately, you have to pay the current price. However nice it would be to pay whatever the price was when you first booked. We are in the same situation. We booked a BA balcony when it was 2 for 1, however, at that time we could have upgraded to a Mini Suite for $70 more. We debated doing this and by the time that we decided the price had increased to $300 more and that is what we would have had to pay (we checked with TA).

Yes, you would pay the difference in the price the stateroom is listed for now!

Thanks! That's what I figured. I keep looking at this aft suite that's still available. We originally booked a mini last August and this suite would be about the same price as the mini was originally. But about twice what we're paying now!

If I don't think about that, it seems like a pretty good deal!;)

Unfortunately, you have to pay the current price. However nice it would be to pay whatever the price was when you first booked. We are in the same situation. We booked a BA balcony when it was 2 for 1, however, at that time we could have upgraded to a Mini Suite for $70 more. We debated doing this and by the time that we decided the price had increased to $300 more and that is what we would have had to pay (we checked with TA).

OMG, only $70 total difference and you didn't grab it up? You missed a very good deal there, I would be kicking myself big time. :(

We booked a BA balcony when it was 2 for 1, however, at that time we could have upgraded to a Mini Suite for $70 more. We debated doing this and by the time that we decided the price had increased to $300 more .

A lesson learned!!! Next time you'll know better. ;)

Unfortunately, you have to pay the current price. .... We booked a BA balcony when it was 2 for 1, however, at that time we could have upgraded to a Mini Suite for $70 more. We debated doing this and by the time that we decided the price had increased to $300 more and that is what we would have had to pay (we checked with TA).
This can be a lesson one way or another. Many Princess offers, especially email offers, are gone within a few hours of receipt. They are great offers and certainly the cruiseline would like to see something of an impulse buy, which can be the lesson learned to choose the best you can afford in your budget.

The fact you chose what you would be happy with is great, and having your objectives and requirements for a cruise ready before booking is another lesson. e.g. For some the cabin size advantages of a minisuite may be offset by a diminished use open balcony if they cannot take too much sun.

There may yet be another opportunity for upgrade. We have had occasion when past final payment and they are reducing prices to fill the ship. Most of these offers are for new bookings, but a good TA might be able to get a higher category cabin for the same price you have already paid. Watch out, though for caveats (e.g. loss of OBC, etc)

There may yet be another opportunity for upgrade. We have had occasion when past final payment and they are reducing prices to fill the ship. Most of these offers are for new bookings, but a good TA might be able to get a higher category cabin for the same price you have already paid. Watch out, though for caveats (e.g. loss of OBC, etc)

We lucked out on this deal but yeah lost the $50 OBC from the initial booking and our seating at early traditional dining. It was worth it going from an inside gty to the aft balcony for not much more:D. We could have gotten the mini for the price of the aft but chose the aft balcony.

We lucked out on this deal but yeah lost the $50 OBC from the initial booking and our seating at early traditional dining. It was worth it going from an inside gty to the aft balcony for not much more:D. We could have gotten the mini for the price of the aft but chose the aft balcony.

KJ-It sounds like what your TA did was cancel your original booking and rebooked you. Totally different than an upsell of any kind as you loose whatever you originally had confirmed. OBC, dining seating, etc. Normally, if you cancel after final payment, you will also loose your deposit.

Archived