help for newbee cruiser

don24

i have cruised on freedom of the seas only .we are looking at infinity alaska .we are looking for comparables of things we found on freedom so here goes. coffee shop pizza place windjammer .are these types of places available on infinity we found buffet .but not others we enjoyed self serve coffee in morning to go back to cabin .please dont be annoyed with me but these little thing are nice .

i have cruised on freedom of the seas only .we are looking at infinity alaska .we are looking for comparables of things we found on freedom so here goes. coffee shop pizza place windjammer .are these types of places available on infinity we found buffet .but not others we enjoyed self serve coffee in morning to go back to cabin .please dont be annoyed with me but these little thing are nice .

The Infinity has the " Cova Cafe" which is a specialty coffee/pastry spot. You have to purchase the coffee and the pastries are only in the morniing hours and then 3-5 (I think).

They also have a pizza/pasta bar which is open even when the buffet is not -- I think it closes around 12 midnight or 1:00 a.m.

I also believe there is 24 hour coffee available.

Don, relax. Not only are all of those types of places available, you will be thrilled with the things that Freedom could never offer you.

Self serve coffee is everywhere. Cova Cafe for premium blends is a wonderful area with yummy pastries and they are available MOST of the day. Many people hit the Cova in the morning and take their chocolate croissant, or whatever floats your boat, to the cabin.

I actually prefer to enjoy the atmosphere there and order room service for breakfast - but no matter what - you will be far happier than Freedom of the Seas. GUARANTEED. :)

thanks alot for answers ,and i think you are correct i felt a little smothered on freedom everything seemed geared for more in your face kinda people. im more relax and enjoy my space and slow life down to a crawl:D

Why run up and get your coffee? Why not just order it from Room Service? Room service is available 24 hours a day - no charge.

There is one beverage station in the buffet area that is open 24/7 if you really want to get it yourself.

Although Celebrity is our cruise line preference, we sailed with Princess in Alaska. It's really their specialty area and they do an excellent job. Having said that, Celebrity offers a level of service that you did not get on the RCL ship. If the freedom is like the explorer of the seas, you'll find that celebrity has trays in the buffet, celebrity has hand sanitation almost required when you enter a food area, celebrity has wine stewards in the dining room, and from my perspective the food on celebrity is far better, especially the bread (breadsticks), desserts, soups and the presentation of the food on the plate. Admittedly, I think you'll find an older crowd on Celebrity than on RCL but not as old as Holland American. Princess and Celebrity seem about the same in the ages they attract.

Archived