Majesty - Dry Dock

Majesty schedule shows no breaks for dry dock in 2005 through at least June. (That was as far as I checked)

My girlfriend called and spoke with a CSR about the prices of a Mexico

cruise on Monarch for January 2006. She told the CSR that we just

sailed on Majesty a few weeks ago. CSR told her that Majesty will be in

dry dock the first part of 2005 and Monarch will be in dry dock

the second week of January 2006. Were going to sail on it January 16,

2006 but will have to take the January 30th, 2006 cruise on Monarch

instead. Vision OTS is sailing also on the west coast.

This is what the CSR told her... *shrugs shoulders*

darchibald,

I'm not saying it is or isn't, but it's sort of like the old saw "Leading economists have successfully predicted 10 of the last 6 recessions".

People around here seem to be told about 10 drydocks for about 6 that actually happen.

I dunno about Majesty, but that info is correct for Monarch.
That one makes sense to me since there is a gap in availablility between the Jan 13, 2006 three day sailing and the Jan 27, 2006 sailing. There is no gap in the Majesty early 2005 sailings.

That one makes sense to me since there is a gap in availablility between the Jan 13, 2006 three day sailing and the Jan 27, 2006 sailing. There is no gap in the Majesty early 2005 sailings.
I have 2 cabins booked on the Majesty for Jan 28-31 2005. When RCCL says they have the right to change itineraries, does that include drydocking? Talk about the ultimate cruise to nowhere!

I have 2 cabins booked on the Majesty for Jan 28-31 2005. When RCCL says they have the right to change itineraries, does that include drydocking? Talk about the ultimate cruise to nowhere!

They wouldn't schedule a drydock for refurb only a month or two in advance. (If something went wrong with the ship, and they had to make emergency repairs, that is another story.) Drydocks are usually scheduled over a year in advance.

But, if you are booked on a cruise that is cancelled due to dry dock, they compensate you. Usually you get a refund, or a choice of moving your booking to another ship (or another date), and an on board credit.

• 2 months later...

Archived