Check your Southwest Airlines prices

HB Cruiser

Check not only your cruise prices but your airfare if you are flying Southwest.

I just checked Southwest for our fares and they dropped again. Since I purchased them about eight weeks ago, I now have a credit with Southwest of $166. Even though I will not see that as a credit on my credit card like RCCL would do, it will be nice having the credit there when I need it. This is one of the reasons I like Southwest, the other being there are no change fees when making a flight change.

Tim

Keep in mind though that you must use the credit by 1 year from the date of purchase (not the date you would have traveled) and the travel needs to be COMPLETED by that date

You are very correct in this post and am greatful for your addition.

Tim

Keep in mind though that you must use the credit by 1 year from the date of purchase (not the date you would have traveled) and the travel needs to be COMPLETED by that date

True, but if I am not mistaken if you cannot use it you can apply it to another persons reservation. If this is not correct please feel free to correct it.

True, but if I am not mistaken if you cannot use it you can apply it to another persons reservation. If this is not correct please feel free to correct it.

That is correct. And I once got a credit with them extended by a year for a $50 fee.

You gotta luv Southwest. :D

Yup, and I do......:D

Just changed my flight for May 10th to May 11th, so I can hang out with friends after I get off of Freedom of the Sea's.......:)

No change fee's and it only cost me $10 more than what I had paid for my original flight.....which I had purchased with 3 different credits!!!

Gotta LUV Southwest......:)

Yup, and I do......:D

Just changed my flight for May 10th to May 11th, so I can hang out with friends after I get off of Freedom of the Sea's.......:)

No change fee's and it only cost me $10 more than what I had paid for my original flight.....which I had purchased with 3 different credits!!!

Gotta LUV Southwest......:)

Ok Denise: You know how I LOVE Southwest, :D but I have to ask: How did you get them to let you use 3 separate credits??? We have used them for quite some time w/ MANY credits, but it has recently been limited to 2 credits per flight........did you book 'separately' to get around this limitation??? ;)

Bruce

Ok Denise: You know how I LOVE Southwest, :D but I have to ask: How did you get them to let you use 3 separate credits??? We have used them for quite some time w/ MANY credits, but it has recently been limited to 2 credits per flight........did you book 'separately' to get around this limitation??? ;)

Bruce

I booked travel 2 weeks ago by using 3 separate credits. I couldnt do it online and had an agent do it by phone.

I booked travel 2 weeks ago by using 3 separate credits. I couldnt do it online and had an agent do it by phone.

Thanks!!! Have not tried that before, but we use them often enough it has not been a problem using just using 2 credits per flight and still using up our credits!!! ;)

Bruce

Check not only your cruise prices but your airfare if you are flying Southwest.

I just checked Southwest for our fares and they dropped again. Since I purchased them about eight weeks ago, I now have a credit with Southwest of $166. Even though I will not see that as a credit on my credit card like RCCL would do, it will be nice having the credit there when I need it. This is one of the reasons I like Southwest, the other being there are no change fees when making a flight change.

Tim

Thanks Tim, I just save 50 bucks on the short flight from Sacramento to LAX:D

Bruce

Hey Bruce.......yup, I booked separate flights.....:)

I check my Southwest flights daily just like I check Royal's prices. We have booked 2 flights in the past year and both of them dropped in price. The credit we got from our LA cruise flight for 3 of us paid for almost 2 of us to go to San Francisco for a weekend. Now SanFran has gone down for the 3 of us so planning another quick get away. Sure glad we have hotel points too. :D

Also note that if your new to Southwest and sign up for their frequent flyer program right now they will give you 2 flight credits for signing up and another 2 for signing up for their emails. It takes 16 credits for a free flight so getting 4 gets you a quarter of the way there without even stepping in a plane. :)

BonVoyage

Dawna

I check my Southwest flights daily just like I check Royal's prices. We have booked 2 flights in the past year and both of them dropped in price. The credit we got from our LA cruise flight for 3 of us paid for almost 2 of us to go to San Francisco for a weekend. Now SanFran has gone down for the 3 of us so planning another quick get away. Sure glad we have hotel points too. :D

Also note that if your new to Southwest and sign up for their frequent flyer program right now they will give you 2 flight credits for signing up and another 2 for signing up for their emails. It takes 16 credits for a free flight so getting 4 gets you a quarter of the way there without even stepping in a plane. :)

BonVoyage

Dawna

How did you get another 2 credits for signing up for thier E-mails? Have been all over their website since I read this and can't see it anywhere, even after signing up for their E-mails. Would be nice, as I'm only 2 credits away from a free flight!

How did you get another 2 credits for signing up for thier E-mails? Have been all over their website since I read this and can't see it anywhere, even after signing up for their E-mails. Would be nice, as I'm only 2 credits away from a free flight!
Sorry, I was just cleaning off my desk and noticed that you had to sign up by 3/31/2009 then respond to their email by 6/30/2009. :( It was originally under special offers but I received a flyer in the mail about it.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Archived