2 Nights = 1 Dress?

dandro

Just being real. Its like seeing a guy wear the exact same tie/shirt/pants combo twice in a row.. Really classy. :rolleyes:

But....would you really notice? If a person wore a simple chic dress (black or another color) with pearl jewelry and her hair up on one night, then the same dress with a crystal jewelry her hair down, perhaps a wrap on the second night (3 nights later), how would you know?? Are you really paying that much attention to what others are wearing?

Let's be realistic as well. On most modern day cruise ships there are more than 2000 souls onboard. With the exception of who is at our table and perhaps a few around us, plus the people we happen to be standing around waiting for the photographer, we barely see the majority of people. Unless someone is really eye-catching, most are just part of the crowd. Every single time we disembark we see people for the very first time.

When my husband packs a suit, he wears the same shirt twice (we do send it out to laundry in between) and takes 2 different ties. So a lady doing the same thing with a dress is not a bad idea at all.

On the flip side, it is kind of nice to know there are a few men who actually are paying some sort of attention.

Just need to add, I do hope you are putting a jacket over the shirt/tie/pants combo, even if you do wear different shirt/tie pants each night. Otherwise you look like you are on a work break, rather than going to a formal evening out.

But I don't really pay all that much attention to men dressed like that, it doesn't impress me that they aren't dressed well.

Just need to add, I do hope you are putting a jacket over the shirt/tie/pants combo, even if you do wear different shirt/tie pants each night. Otherwise you look like you are on a work break, rather than going to a formal evening out.

But I don't really pay all that much attention to men dressed like that, it doesn't impress me that they aren't dressed well.

Yes, a jacket is needed for a formal dinner. I agree.

Disclaimer: I would wear a nice navy blazer twice. Same thing with all jackets.

Let's be realistic as well. On most modern day cruise ships there are more than 2000 souls onboard. With the exception of who is at our table and perhaps a few around us

Eh, I remember a lot of detail about everything! I've got a good memory.. I'm just saying that people will won't all be accepting like they are on cruisecritic.. They may not be rude to you.. but they'll have some negative thoughts.. It just depends on how it is done.

and after months of shopping, I finally found a black coctail dress that looks great on me, so I'm not going to bother to try to find a second one.

OK.. I guess its not easy for women to get dresses? This dress is fairly classic.. so its OK. I never knew so much effort was put into finding a dress!

OK.. I guess its not easy for women to get dresses? This dress is fairly classic.. so its OK. I never knew so much effort was put into finding a dress!

Try going shopping with a woman searching for the perfect dress/shoes/jewelry sometime. It may be an eye opener for you ;)

I have a lovely long black fishtail skirt that I've had for years and a drawerful of different good quality silky/beaded etc. halter neck or strappy tops from across the colour spectrum. I take the skirt, 2 pairs of long linen trousers (one black one white), 2 linen skirts (light colours for warm weather or dark for cool weather) and some of the tops.

As if by magic -infinite combo for all occasions (gala/semi formal/smart casual). :D

I do own a long jersey-type of material long Grecian style dress. It folds to nothing and takes up no room in the case. I always take this as a fall back (ie if I get bored) for gala nights - I've ended up wearing it in 30% of cruises I go on.

Mix and match and classics is my cruise wardrobe motto and, I think, you can't go wrong with this. Pick up items when you see them and you'll soon have a lovely collection that you will use time and time again.

I am always on the look out for new tops. I really hate clothes shopping, I know what brands I like, know those brands sizes (ie that they will fit me) and so I look out for them on line when my favourite shops have sales. :cool:

Thanks for the ideas everyone. I am "formally challenged" this upcoming cruise. It's actually a b2b, and I have SIX formal nights!!!! :eek::eek:

So, I figure I'll do the mix 'n match thing:

long black georgette skirt that goes with any top

long champagne georgette skirt that goes with .......etc.

long silver georgette skirt......................etc.

Just about any top, formal, dressy or smart casual, goes with one of these skirts. 3 pairs of strappy matching sandals, and I've got it done. Another 2 - 3 pairs of black pants, and I'm dressing up, down, and sideways.

Yes, a jacket is needed for a formal dinner. I agree.

Disclaimer: I would wear a nice navy blazer twice. Same thing with all jackets.

GASP - you'd wear the same blazer.....twice???? wow - what a contradiction from your #21 post...............:cool:

and yes - I will be wearing the same dress twice - same shoes - same purse - and I'm 63 and don't give a hoot what anyone thinks but me.....

Archived