SD2 Spring Crossing Blog?

DisneyJen

Is there even a blog? I don't believe this is a corporate initiative -but instead is the choice of the Captain. I've heard that there are 75 passengers on board, including an extremely well mannered,glib, and entertaining 12 year old Irish lad traveling with his mother. Zoltan and Chad (but not Clint) are tending bar. Weather has been good and Mrs. Toybar and I wouldn't have to fight off the Norwegian mafia poolside as only a couple of people are sunbathing on deck 2 (wonder if they know about the Kalua banana daiquiri?) but would love to see some pictures.

FT

I know that in the past the official SD site points to the crossing blogs ... as a matter of fact I checked it out on the SD site before posting the question.

Sounds like if I need an update I can rely on you:p:D:p

Here is the link: http://www.sd2europebound2009.webs.com/

Sorry to be late getting this posted. The blog is updated only through Monday but I understand that more pictures will be added shortly.

You'll note that the map shows SD2 taking a rather northerly track initially. This was to get around some weather. My understanding is that this will result in their skipping the planned port stop at Ponta Delgada, Azores.

And so sad that they aren't ours!

Agree 1000 percent!

Its so good to see Silvio and Jasper ... we missed them in March. I wonder who Silvio is tormenting this crossing? :rolleyes: Interesting that they had the C&C splash this early. Hope that doesn't mean rough seas ahead. :eek:

FT

Here is holding good thoughts that the weather holds for the crossing!

:)

I wasn't looking forward to the crossing as I was in other years, because James wouldn't be there leading the pack of walkers for charity, etc. Well, there was my beautiful Chiara, and next was Maria and James. That brought a smile to my face. Have a wonderful crossing and I'll be enjoying the pictures like I have in the past.

NASCAB

Thanks for the link - I was wondering where the blog had gone. Our friends Jane & Michael are onboard and they have promised to wave at us :) No surprise that the only clear pic of them so far shows them queuing for caviar....

Oh miss - Up for the fall crossing? looks like it could be girl's night out -- or as we call it "girls run away from home" for a couple of weeks.:D

FT, you're killing me. Cut it out!! Please???

I beg your pardon? My understanding is you will be too busy to go -- did I misunderstand? The more the merrier and we can always change it to "anyone run away from home" (or office . . . ):D

FT

FT and Disney Jen

There is NOTHING more than I want to do....I think I can arrange this trip...I have passes from the airline...SOOO I might be able to swing a crossing....ONLY because my special friends will be there....stay tuned...:p

As FT has said ... the more the merrier ctbjr and ohmiss!

We'll have to see if Mrs. jbcjtc is joining us as well.

Has SD1 started her way across the Atlantic as well?

Looks like the weather has been a bit "bouncy" for SD2 ... but everyone looks like they are having a grand time:D

Archived