Wine Packages / Wine Cards on Constellation

Sunsetters

Does anyone know if you can order wine to be delivered to your room prior to boarding? Is there a wine package you can purchase or is there a wine card by the glass? On the Carnival we can order as many bottles we want to our room, as well as carry on 2!!

Any info would be a great help!!

Sunsetters -

Yes, you can order pre-order wine to be delivered to your room on embarkation day. Go to www.celebritycruises.com and look for the "Gifts & More" tab. It will give you a list of all the pre-cruise gift packages avaialble for purchase.

My understanding on the "wine card" is that Celebrity leaves that up to each ship and that it's very "hit or miss". Others may know more about this....

I know for a fact there is no wine package on Constellation. We just left and were told not on those ships. Now, it may have changed since March but I doubt it.

We order the wines prior to sailing from the gift section on the Celebrity web site. Not sure you can order them while on board for room consumption.

I do know that if you want to have a neat time, try the wine tastings/blendings they offer. They don't cost a lot of money and it was a great time. We did the blendings and one called "wines around the world". What a blast!

Enjoy Connie. She's a great ship.

We've been on the Constellation twice in the last year, most recently about a month ago. They do not have any wine cads nor packages on board. I don't recall any wine specials, other than a small discount on 2 bottles with a Elite (highest level) Captains Club (past cruisers) coupon.

While you can order some wines ahead of time via the bon voyage system mentioned in a post above, the selection is very limited compared to what is offered on board. I have a copy of the main dining room wine list from last fall on my photo site (click here). There is also a slightly expanded wine list in the Ocean Liners specialty restaurant, additional wines on the list at the Cova Cafe Espresso and Wine bar, and additional Champagnes at the Champagne bar. Once on board you can order any of these wines delivered to your room and I don't think there is any discount for ordering ahead. If you do want wine waiting in your room for your arrival then by all means order some, but unless you really like the wines offered through bon voyage there is no reason to stock up beyond the first day's anticipated needs. Once on board you can order wines for your room through room service, the TV ordering system, your wine steward at dinner, or your room steward or butler if you have a suite.

You can also bring two bottles of wine on board if you like, per Celebrity policy. We usually bring a couple bottles of champagne with us for sail away celebrations. Your room steward will bring you any glasses you need and will also chill your wine for you.

I received the Captains Club Newsletter in the mail yesterday. It said that starting in late 2009, you will be able to go online and order a number of different prepaid beverage packages including unlimited bottled water, beer, soda, frozen drinks as well as assorted wine and mixed drink packages. I hope this helps.

Just in case the Summit does have one of the wine card programs, would someone please explain to me how they work and how much they cost. I assume it can't be like the soda cards that offer you unlimited soft drinks for a fee upfront.

Thanks, Donia

Just in case the Summit does have one of the wine card programs, would someone please explain to me how they work and how much they cost. I assume it can't be like the soda cards that offer you unlimited soft drinks for a fee upfront.

Thanks, Donia

The "wine card" gives you a special discount price on some number of bottles of wine chosen from a selected list....at a discount.

It's not "all you can drink" wine at the bars in the ship....

Solstice has a "Wine" bar and you can purchase a card for Specified $$ amounts that lets you get wine by the glass as you wish using the card. Lots of great choices. I don't really think there were bargains however.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow we are hearing very conflicting information on wine packages available on board.

I just got off the phone with Celebrity and the customer service rep told me that only Royal Caribbean offers wine and dine packages...

Hmmmm anyone else been on the Constellation and have any information on Wine Packages avail on board. Any info would be great...Thanks!!

...anyone else been on the Constellation and have any information on Wine Packages avail on board. Any info would be great...Thanks!!

Constellation had no wine packages in either Sept 2008 nor Late March/Early April 2009. I have read prior comments about Celebrity experimenting with wine packages on other ships from time to time, but I've never read any posts nor official information, indicating any movement toward adoption of a wine package program throughout the line.

There were several special wine events, tastings and blendings, some of which were for Captains Club only, on our Constellation cruises. Also there was a Captains Club coupon for "buy one get one 20% off" or something like that. Other than that I don't recall any discounts or special programs on wine at all. Never seen it myself on another Celebrity cruise either.

Wow we are hearing very conflicting information on wine packages available on board.

I just got off the phone with Celebrity and the customer service rep told me that only Royal Caribbean offers wine and dine packages...

Hmmmm anyone else been on the Constellation and have any information on Wine Packages avail on board. Any info would be great...Thanks!!

I was on the 4/17 Constellation TA --> no wine packages.

Our friends/tablemates were very disappointed and the sommelier told him that they would have the packages "soon" (but he didn't offer have any other information).

mary

Archived