Ferry To St. John

obnurse

Where do we get the ferry to St. John? We'd like to go to either Trunk Bay or Cinnemon Bay. What can we expect to pay for the ferry? Also, what is the cost of the taxi from the ship to the ferry and from the ferry to the beach on St. John? We'd like to go in the morning and then head back to the ship in the afternoon to clean up and then walk/shop around St. Thomas. Any advise cheerfully accepted! THANKS!

• 3 weeks later...

obnurse: My family and I went on a cruise last april and stopped in St. Thomas. We took a cab to Red Hook and took the ferry over to St. John from there. We bought our round trip tickets at the booth. When we got to St. John we found a rental car place (there will be people around the pier at St. J. offering their services) and drove to Cinnamon bay first, which was nice, and then we drove to Trunk Bay. The parking is hard to find at Trunk because of the taxi's and tour buses. We parked out on the road with everyone else. We just liked having a car so we can do our own thing. We rented a car on St. Martin also. Hope this helps.

Fab 5

How many passengers does the Red Hook to St. John ferry hold?? Just wondering how crowded it could get on the return trip to get back to the ship. I'm the type that always leaves extra time, but am curious for planning. Don't plan on taking a ship's excursion, just going over to St. John on our own. Thanks.

Last year I took the Redhook to St John Ferry. It's a pretty big ship...couple hundred easily. There seemed to be alot of locals on it, especially when we came back..folks coming home from work

Archived