Rolling coolers allowed?

We were able to do this last time, but I thought it would be best to see if it was still allowed:

Can we bring rolling coolers onboard containing the "reasonable" amount of soda and water that is permitted? Without ice, of course. We did this last time and it was easier to stock the cooler with our drinks than it would be to pack the drinks in our suitcases. If I recall correctly, last time we just put a luggage tag on the cooler and rolled it on like regular luggage.

Any info would be appreciated!

Oh, and since I know someone will ask *why* we are bringing on our own drinks....the answer is because I want to. I've read too many posts with people questioning why someone would do this...if you can't afford the drinks then don't go on the cruise...are you bringing your own steaks too....that type of stuff. I'm not interested in a commentary on my decision to bring sodas and water. I would very much appreciate any answers to my actual question, though.

Thanks!

The info is direct from carnivals web site.

LARGE COOLERS RESTRICTION:

Carnival Cruise Lines does not allow guests to bring large coolers on board its vessels. Small, personal-sized coolers no larger than 12” x 12” x 12” for the purpose of housing small quantities of non-alcoholic beverages and/or medications are permitted as carry-on luggage. Screening and movement of large coolers through embarkation is an impediment to the boarding and security screening process and therefore large coolers are not permitted as carry-on or checked luggage.

FAQ's

Carnival Cruise Lines does not allow guests to bring large coolers on board its ships. However for purposes of housing small, personal-sized coolers no larger than 12” x 12” x 12” for the purpose of housing small quantities of non-alcoholic beverages and/or medications are permitted as carry-on luggage. Screening and movement of large coolers through embarkation is an impediment to the boarding and security screening process. Therefore, large coolers are not permitted as carry-on or checked luggage.

You can get a soft side cooler with wheels and fold it up and put it in your luggage for use once on board.Try(Keep your cooler dot com)They have alot of differnt choices.

Thanks for the info! We have a soft-sided cooler that we rolled on without any problems last time. Guess things have changed! I'll just pack it in my suitcase. Thanks again for the details.

Note to self: Next time check Carnival's website first! :) How sad is it that it didn't even occur to me to do that! As far as I'm concerned, all the experts are here! :)

We were able to do this last time, but I thought it would be best to see if it was still allowed:

Can we bring rolling coolers onboard containing the "reasonable" amount of soda and water that is permitted? Without ice, of course. We did this last time and it was easier to stock the cooler with our drinks than it would be to pack the drinks in our suitcases. If I recall correctly, last time we just put a luggage tag on the cooler and rolled it on like regular luggage.

Any info would be appreciated!

Oh, and since I know someone will ask *why* we are bringing on our own drinks....the answer is because I want to. I've read too many posts with people questioning why someone would do this...if you can't afford the drinks then don't go on the cruise...are you bringing your own steaks too....that type of stuff. I'm not interested in a commentary on my decision to bring sodas and water. I would very much appreciate any answers to my actual question, though.

Thanks!

Here ya go, from their website:

LARGE COOLERS RESTRICTION:

Carnival Cruise Lines does not allow guests to bring large coolers on board its vessels. Small, personal-sized coolers no larger than 12” x 12” x 12” for the purpose of housing small quantities of non-alcoholic beverages and/or medications are permitted as carry-on luggage. Screening and movement of large coolers through embarkation is an impediment to the boarding and security screening process and therefore large coolers are not permitted as carry-on or checked luggage.

we were turned back with our small roll on so don't bother trying like posted above,Fortunately we drove to teh port and just put it back in the car. pack it if you need it but once on board not sure the value unless you are bring lots of stuff to the pool. we take a soft size 14X 16 that holds plenty. Enjoy

True. I saw someone with a cooler on wheels (and it wasn't a huge one either) get turned away. If you don't want to lose it, leave it. I have a soft sided cooler that has a hard plastic insert and it is slightly larger than the 12x12 they list. I think it is like 14x14x12 or something like that. I've carried it both times filled with things like coats, clothing, camera's etc and I've never had a problem but I do this with the thought "gosh I hope they don't take this from me" cuz that could happen.

I am not sure if people are talking about carrying it on or checking it. I know with carrying it on, there are issues with size and xray scanning.

But we just went on the Pride and had a soft sided cooler with us. We took it off the rolling cart because I figured the baggage handlers could easily destroy the wheels as the carts aren't very strong. Plus, it comes off the cart too easily.

We filled it with water bottles and smallish amount of pop and checked it with the regular luggage. When it is off the cart with the handles pulled up it looks just like a large tote. I did not want to put all that stuff in our luggage, there wouldn't have been room.

But we drank most everything during the cruise and what was left (just a few things) we kept in there, put it outside the door the night before we left oth our luggage and they took it off as well without ever having to pack it in our case.

I didn't want to put it in our case at the end either because when you dump it all out, some water seeps between the liner and outside and got it wet which would in turn get our stuff wet.

Archived