Coffee pot in cabin and what kind of shampoo/soap in bathroom?

terri1020

I hate to burst your bubble, but the room service and diningroom coffee is exactly the same syrup coffee served in Horizon Court.

Pia, I was also going to post this fact earlier when I saw this post, but I know some argue that it is a different type of coffee and didn't feel like another private fight on my hands. lol Personally, I can tell the moment I smell it that it is the exact same coffee no matter which dining venue you get it at, the smell and taste are very distintive. So, I totally agree with you, same coffee, just different atmosphere or the concentrated syrup is mixed differently then in the HC, but the regular complimentary coffee served onboard is all made from the syrup concentrate.

It would seem that coffee makers are on the same order as irons and candles - a fire hazard - and I can't imagine why the cruise line would provide one. Besides, when I'm on a cruise, the last thing I want to see in my cabin is a kitchen appliance.... :D

Now, that was funny!

Hi Toto,

We LOVE our coffee in the morning. We buy coffee before we get on the ship so we don't have to pack it in our carry on's.

We use the AeroPress and it works like a dream. Unbreakable, easy to cleanout the grounds, coffee in less than 1 minute.

http://www.aerobie.com/Products/aeropress_story.htm

We have our room attendant/steward bring HOT water for our coffee in the morning which is delivered in a large insulated carafe.

I like this so much I am going to get one for work!

Enjoy your cruise!

Lin

Hi Toto,

We LOVE our coffee in the morning. We buy coffee before we get on the ship so we don't have to pack it in our carry on's.

We use the AeroPress and it works like a dream. Unbreakable, easy to cleanout the grounds, coffee in less than 1 minute.

http://www.aerobie.com/Products/aeropress_story.htm

We have our room attendant/steward bring HOT water for our coffee in the morning which is delivered in a large insulated carafe.

I like this so much I am going to get one for work!

Enjoy your cruise!

Lin

Thanks Lin, I have seen those french press things before. But with us, one of us usually gets up earlier than the other one onboard. So, calling room service isn't really something we would do as it would wake the one sleeping. Honestly though, this one cup at a time coffee maker takes up so little room, it is no bother at all to take along and has really worked perfectly for us for many years. (plus, I don't think it is a messy as those french presses look, although I have never tried one before, it just looks like it would be more diffcult to clean up). Enjoy!

Pia, I was also going to post this fact earlier when I saw this post, but I know some argue that it is a different type of coffee and didn't feel like another private fight on my hands. lol Personally, I can tell the moment I smell it that it is the exact same coffee no matter which dining venue you get it at, the smell and taste are very distintive. So, I totally agree with you, same coffee, just different atmosphere or the concentrated syrup is mixed differently then in the HC, but the regular complimentary coffee served onboard is all made from the syrup concentrate.

Well it does not taste the same to me. None of it is as good as our Tim Horton's here in Canada, but I still couldn't be bothered to lug a coffee maker with me on a plane!

Well it does not taste the same to me. None of it is as good as our Tim Horton's here in Canada, but I still couldn't be bothered to lug a coffee maker with me on a plane!

When we were in St. Johns, Newfoundland in September, I sought out a Tim Horton's just to see what you guys were talking about. Sorry...........don't agree. Your coffee is OK, but definitely not comparable to some of my other favorites. It was not just one cup I had; bought a pound of it to take home. As for "lugging" a coffeemaker, my little Melitta takes up less space than a pair of shoes.

When we were in St. Johns, Newfoundland in September, I sought out a Tim Horton's just to see what you guys were talking about. Sorry...........don't agree. Your coffee is OK, but definitely not comparable to some of my other favorites. It was not just one cup I had; bought a pound of it to take home. As for "lugging" a coffeemaker, my little Melitta takes up less space than a pair of shoes.

Well good luck with that then. Somehow I knew you'd have to have the last word on it. Just wondered why you'd bother to buy a pound if you didn't like it.

Apparently others don't all agree with you. Did you know there is a Tim Horton's in Kandahar, Afghanistan to serve the troops stationed there? They also send free care packages to troops overseas in various countries so that they can have a little taste of home.

In any case, this is very off topic now, and the OP was looking for opinions. It would be nice if we could express them without being jumped on if they are different from others.

In another note, we were on Celebrity Solstice in December, and they do have real ground coffee brewing in their dispensers as well as in the dining room, and room service. We saw them refilling the machine periodically with ground coffee. If the coffee being served is a "make or break" item for the OP, they should try Celebrity some time too. :)

Can I have the last word then:confused:. The coffee they serve on Princess is quite nasty but strangely enough I really enjoy a cup of it when served after dinner. I know it is the same kind as in Horizon but somehow, after a good leisurely meal, it goes down a treat. I still have to have my travel kettle and my own teabags for my early morning tea though and we do splash out on a coffee card so we can indulge in a decent cup of coffee sometimes:D

Archived