Coffee pot in cabin and what kind of shampoo/soap in bathroom?

terri1020

I'm trying to be proactive and get myself set for our May 24 cruise. I MUST have coffee upon opening my eyes in the morning. Is there a coffee pot in the cabin?

Secondly, what kind of shampoo/conditioner/soap/body lotion is in the cabin, if any?

Thanks for any help that may come my way.

Terri

No coffee pot, but you can request room service the night before, or call when you wake up. Some people bring their own coffee makers but certain kinds are considered a fire hazard

The soap, shampoo, body lotion etc is made for Princess.

No coffee pot... Suggest you request coffee on the room service door knob hangar the night before. In our experience they'll deliver your order just before the requested time you indicate. You can also pick up the phone and order; it should arrive within 20 minutes.

The amenities in the bath are not name brand; at least it's not indicated. We've found the hand and shower soap to be just fine; we bring our own shampoo and conditioner. Bring your own and you won't be disappointed.

Lew

I'm trying to be proactive and get myself set for our May 24 cruise. I MUST have coffee upon opening my eyes in the morning. Is there a coffee pot in the cabin?

Secondly, what kind of shampoo/conditioner/soap/body lotion is in the cabin, if any?

Thanks for any help that may come my way.

Terri

I feel your pain, as we are the exact same way. And if you are a coffee hound like we are, the room service coffee is a bit different (made from a concentrated syrup, just as all the coffee onboard, except the freshly brewed you can get at the coffee bar for either extra charge or you need to have a coffee card to obtain it). But at the coffee bar, someone needs to get dressed and bring it back to the stateroom. ARGH!

We take along a one cup at a time coffee maker, and then fight over who gets the first cup. HINT-We normally split the first cup and then make more. ;)

I feel your pain, as we are the exact same way. And if you are a coffee hound like we are, the room service coffee is a bit different (made from a concentrated syrup, just as all the coffee onboard, except the freshly brewed you can get at the coffee bar for either extra charge or you need to have a coffee card to obtain it). But at the coffee bar, someone needs to get dressed and bring it back to the stateroom. ARGH!

We take along a one cup at a time coffee maker, and then fight over who gets the first cup. HINT-We normally split the first cup and then make more. ;)

I am the more needier of the two. I get the first cup. And I don't share! :D Besides which, HE uses moo. YUK!

We just got off of the Coral and i must honetly say that the hand lotion they give you was really very thick and barely came out of the little bottle. so if you have a favorite from home bring it. Now on the other hand the showe gel is wonderful. Love that stuff. They also have conditioner and shampoo. those are o.k.

We do not bring our own coffee pot but we have a standing order for room service to bring coffee each morning. We are very early risers so my DH calls Room Service as soon as we board and sets it up so each morning at a certain time the coffee is there. It has worked out very well for us for many cruises.

Marilyn

If we purchase the coffee card can we get the "good" stuff delivered in the am through room service? We will be sailing on the Coral in August

Sorry. Coffee card is not usable through room service.

I found the Shampoo/Soap to be quite nice...especially the soap. I can nor confirm nor deny that we came home with a lot of these soaps after hiding the ones placed in our cabin each day:rolleyes:

I agree that the soap is nice, but you have to be a eucalyptus lover to like the shampoo. I am not.

It would seem that coffee makers are on the same order as irons and candles - a fire hazard - and I can't imagine why the cruise line would provide one. Besides, when I'm on a cruise, the last thing I want to see in my cabin is a kitchen appliance.... :D

It would seem that coffee makers are on the same order as irons and candles - a fire hazard - and I can't imagine why the cruise line would provide one. Besides, when I'm on a cruise, the last thing I want to see in my cabin is a kitchen appliance.... :D

Actually, some are very safe. As long as they don't use a warming plate, there is no more fire hazard to them than a TV or other type of electrical item. And to have real coffee when we want it, it is well worth the effort. I wouldn't drink the room service coffee no matter how desperate I ever became. ;)

I believe some cruise lines still put tea/coffee making kit in cabins so there is no problem bringing your own travel kettle or coffee maker. We always do for our early morning tea:D

several years ago we had a suite on Sea Princess and there actually was a tea pot in the room. I am a tea drinker in the morning, so that was a nice touch. Have never seen one again.......:o

Yep, we had that also in our mini suite on the Sea when it returned from P&O, it was great (wouldn't have had to bring the coffee maker on that cruise if I would have known). But a year later, we sailed on the Sea Princess again and they were all gone. :( I figured they just hadn't taken them out of the suites and mini suites yet. On the first cruise, only the minis and full suites still had them available for use in the stateroom.

I agree no makers in the room, bring your own coffee maker or use RS/HC. :)

We brought a small drip coffee maker (about 4 cups) onto the Star last year and it wasn't a problem. The cabin steward never said anything. We did, however, unplug it whenever it wasn't in use...which is a good practice anytime. It had a stainless steel carafe and didn't have a warming plate.

I would not want to risk bringing a coffee maker - fire is the biggest danger on a ship and you'd hate to have something happen, even if its extremely unlikely. Plus, we try to pack lightly so carrying along a coffee maker seems like a bit of a nuisance to me. Order room service and enjoy it while you can!! We are coffee lovers and have always found the coffee from room service and the dining rooms to be quite good. Not the stuff made from a syrup that comes out of the dispensers in the Horizon Court, thats another story.

We've also always found the toiletries to be quite good. Some of the soaps always seem to jump into my suitcase for the trip home too.........:)

I would not want to risk bringing a coffee maker - fire is the biggest danger on a ship and you'd hate to have something happen, even if its extremely unlikely. Plus, we try to pack lightly so carrying along a coffee maker seems like a bit of a nuisance to me. Order room service and enjoy it while you can!! We are coffee lovers and have always found the coffee from room service and the dining rooms to be quite good. Not the stuff made from a syrup that comes out of the dispensers in the Horizon Court, thats another story.

We've also always found the toiletries to be quite good. Some of the soaps always seem to jump into my suitcase for the trip home too.........:)

I hate to burst your bubble, but the room service and diningroom coffee is exactly the same syrup coffee served in Horizon Court.

Archived