Serenity Deck and Children

Yep I agree!

Im one of the ones who chooses to cruise with my kids and I can tell you, you will never see my kids in an adult only area unless we are walking by for some reason or there is a need to pass through.

Although I found it really odd on the RCCL ship we were on. The pizza was located in the adults only area. Whoever thought that one up was a real genius. Pizza=kids, so thats a surefire way to ensure the deck will not be kids free.

No kidding! We were trying to enjoy the Solarium when one darling in heelies came wheeling around our chairs and whooping! We even had parents who thought the Solarium pool was adults only, EXCEPT for their children, and refused to leave when security reminded them that it was only for adults!

I'm very glad to see that Carnival's Serenity area is really adults only.

No kidding! We were trying to enjoy the Solarium when one darling in heelies came wheeling around our chairs and whooping! We even had parents who thought the Solarium pool was adults only, EXCEPT for their children, and refused to leave when security reminded them that it was only for adults!

I'm very glad to see that Carnival's Serenity area is really adults only.

Heelies should be outlawed. I have had at least 5-6 kids run into me while at walmart. Skating should be done in a controlled environment, not in a store and absolutly not on a cruise ship

Adults only means just that. My kids as good as they are will not be taken up on one because they are not adults. Not even for a tour.

The topless deck was great. NO kids there! My wife & I even saw a few early 20's young men show up and leave embarassed :D. It would have been different if they had girls with them I bet.

Just off Inspiration and someone was trying to hide a toddler in the Serenity area. They were in the back shady area and had chairs with towels on them making a wall so we couldn't see the little one. The child started making noise and the parents kept saying "Shhhhhh!" in a voice louder than the kid's! I guess if we can't see 'em they're not really there. I didn't stay long enough to see if they got kicked out, but I never saw anyone guarding the stairs or door.

Heelies should be outlawed. I have had at least 5-6 kids run into me while at walmart. Skating should be done in a controlled environment, not in a store and absolutly not on a cruise ship

The person that invented those is on my list of most disliked people :)

I've only been on one ship with the Serenity area - Inspiration - but they did an excellent job keeping it child-free.

We were recently on the Fantasy and the attendant on the Serenity deck did an absolutely AWESOME job keeping kids (even those who were probably 18-20) out! She was constantly walking around and checking. I was really impressed!!

I would not be so impressed if I were 18-20 and was told to stay out of the "adult only area". Last time I checked, 18 was an considered an adult:rolleyes:

I would not be so impressed if I were 18-20 and was told to stay out of the "adult only area". Last time I checked, 18 was an considered an adult:rolleyes:

Last year when I was on the Inspiration shortly after they added the Serenity area, the sign at the entrance stated Adults Only, 21 and Over. We had no issues with children in the area at all.

Does the Triumph have a serenity deck?

It didn't on my cruise last year. But there is the "secret" deck, where if you go out of the doors by the piano bar, no one hardly uses that deck, and it got plenty of sun most days. Best kept secret on the ship.

You didnt happen to post a thread on complantboards.com did you? Also mentioning the lack of TP amongst other things?

If I am not mistaken that girl was from Alaska and she was 25 years old.

Yes that was definitely interesting reading.:rolleyes:

Archived