Serenity Deck and Children

Is it unreasonable for me to expect the Adults Only Deck to really be adults only? I don't hate children but sometimes it's nice to sit out and have a little peace and quiet. Should I just accept having all the kids around or should I complain about it?

Is it unreasonable for me to expect the Adults Only Deck to really be adults only? I don't hate children but sometimes it's nice to sit out and have a little peace and quiet. Should I just accept having all the kids around or should I complain about it?

I would expect it to be adults only. If children start hanging around, I'd speak with the deck attendant.....or go right to Guest Services. The little darlings have plenty of their own space....they don't need to invade ours.

I would expect it to be adults only. If children start hanging around' date=' I'd speak with the deck attendant.....or go right to Guest Services. The little darlings have plenty of their own space....they don't need to invade ours.[/quote']

Perfectly said.

G'ma, I like your new avitar, what ship is that?

I am definitely a big-o children area, but I agree, the little darlings need to leave the serenity or any adults only area to just that. The kids are kids, but the parents should at least respect others cruising and should be with their kids in other places.

We were recently on the Fantasy and the attendant on the Serenity deck did an absolutely AWESOME job keeping kids (even those who were probably 18-20) out! She was constantly walking around and checking. I was really impressed!!

We were recently on the Fantasy and the attendant on the Serenity deck did an absolutely AWESOME job keeping kids (even those who were probably 18-20) out! She was constantly walking around and checking. I was really impressed!!

Maybe it's just because I'm so young myself (22) but I would be really annoyed if I was a couple of years younger, but still over 18, and got turned away from something marked as adult only, unless it was a bar. *note- I can understand wanting to keep louder groups of young people out, or at least asking them to please be quiet.

Some ships may have better attendants keeping up with things than others. I would say something to someone. If it's adults only, then that's what it should be. If I place my kids in Camp Carnival, and go to the adults only area, then I certainly don't want to hang around with someone else's kids! No offense. Just curious. Which ship are/were you on?

Maybe it's just because I'm so young myself (22) but I would be really annoyed if I was a couple of years younger, but still over 18, and got turned away from something marked as adult only, unless it was a bar. *note- I can understand wanting to keep louder groups of young people out, or at least asking them to please be quiet.

Carnival used to have topless sunbathing decks that were marked as 21 and over if I remember correctly. They did away with them after my first cruise. Not sure what the age restriction on the Serenity area is.

Some ships may have better attendants keeping up with things than others. I would say something to someone. If it's adults only, then that's what it should be. If I place my kids in Camp Carnival, and go to the adults only area, then I certainly don't want to hang around with someone else's kids! No offense. Just curious. Which ship are/were you on?

I was on the Inspiration and am going again. I did say something to one parent because her child was in the hot tub. She gave me a nasty look and left.

Hi,

Would it be okay if we just walk by with the kids to see the Serenity area? We just want to tour the whole ship. Of course the kids are not going to stay...just walk by the area.

Yes, if all you are going to do is walk threw there, then I wouldnt see any problem with it. Its not like they will see anything but people relaxing on the comfy chaise lounges and in the hot tub.

I also recently sailed on the Fantasy and loved the Serenity area. The attendant(s) did a fantastic job of making sure it was "Adults Only".

Several times while I was there people with children attempted to come to the area. Each time, the attendant quickly informed the adults that children were not allowed and would need to leave immediately. When one parent insisted they were "just looking around", they were told the children could go up one deck and observe the area from there.

The Serenity Area was one of my favorite places on the ship.

Yep I agree!

Im one of the ones who chooses to cruise with my kids and I can tell you, you will never see my kids in an adult only area unless we are walking by for some reason or there is a need to pass through.

Although I found it really odd on the RCCL ship we were on. The pizza was located in the adults only area. Whoever thought that one up was a real genius. Pizza=kids, so thats a surefire way to ensure the deck will not be kids free.

Ok, I have to admitt, the one thing that I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED about RCI was the Adults Only Solarium Area.... Do all Carnival ships have an adults area now? If so, where? I'll be on Victory in a few weeks, does it have one? (It didn't when I was on her before, but that was a while ago.)

Thanks! :D

Ok, I have to admitt, the one thing that I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED about RCI was the Adults Only Solarium Area.... Do all Carnival ships have an adults area now? If so, where? I'll be on Victory in a few weeks, does it have one? (It didn't when I was on her before, but that was a while ago.)

Thanks! :D

Serenity deck is a little different from the Solairum though, the Solarium has a full pool and hot tubs where as the Serenity just has some lounge chairs and a hot tub.

And I agree with the others, although I always cruise with kids, I would hope that kids are kept out of that area if I choose to use one while the kids are at camp. :)

If the rule is to not have children there, then the ship should assure us the rule will be enforced.

I am guessing this also covers loud adults as well.

I hope the serenity deck is true serenity. I have a few books to get through on my next cruise.

Archived