First Time Cruisers

Hello all

We are sailing on the ios on 27 may and cant wait to sail. There are so many questions to ask, but ive spent a few nights looking on this fantastic forum and so many of them have been answered.But could i ask if our cabin which is an ocean view cat i deck 2 is ok ,plus there is myself,my partner our our 2 children who are 13 ,11 any answers would be greatly recieved many thanks jeff

Hello all

We are sailing on the ios on 27 may and cant wait to sail. There are so many questions to ask, but ive spent a few nights looking on this fantastic forum and so many of them have been answered.But could i ask if our cabin which is an ocean view cat i deck 2 is ok ,plus there is myself,my partner our our 2 children who are 13 ,11 any answers would be greatly recieved many thanks jeff

Welcome to the world of cruising!!

Your cabin is lower in the ship, and the outside cabins usually have a porthole, so there won't be a big window. We fondly refer to these as B.O.B rooms: bottom 'o boat.

You won't spend much time there, anyway.

I went with my then 9 and 14 year old sons a while back, and 4 in the cabin is congested, but doable. I suggest the guys all check out the shower facilities in the men's changing room next to the Solarium pool. It has large showers, and it's a good place to go to avoid the bathroom crunch in the cabin.

I have a newbie cruise guide that I wrote for my sister, and I send it out to anyone that wants it. It's in Adobe pdf format. Email me at pcurri at yahoo dot com, and I'd be happy to send it to you. Lots of info for first timers.

You will get others telling you about the kids and teens program. Your kids will LOVE the ship!!!!

Hello all

Hi Jeff and family, welcome to the wide wonderful world of cruising. If you're not sure about your cabin, you can call RCCL and ask for the dimensions for that category. By the way, Pcur gave a great suggestion.

Your cabin is 161 sq. ft--tiny, but well-designed. It's going to be tight, no mistake about it, but the rest of the ship is yours to use. You won't be spending time in that cabin...it will be for sleeping and changing, and it will work fine for that.

Archived