All things "Victory"

richbum

I just noticed that the Victory now has switched St Kitts to Friday and now going to St Maarten on Saturday and has comepletely dropped Antigua from the schedule as of the first of the year (2010). Does this happen much or is it the concerns from the people that got in trouble there a few weeks ago.?

I just noticed that the Victory now has switched St Kitts to Friday and now going to St Maarten on Saturday and has comepletely dropped Antigua from the schedule as of the first of the year (2010). Does this happen much or is it the concerns from the people that got in trouble there a few weeks ago.?

Hmm, I wonder if thats the case, or if it was planned.

Im going on the Victory on 11/29/09, and the only thing we are doing in Antigua is going to Sandals and Dickenson beach.

Not that I would allow that one incident to skewer my view of a destination, but I think I would have preferred St. Maarten. I heard it has the cheapest liquor in Caribbean. :D

There is a thread dedicated to this discussion. Some feel that it is due to the recent events, while another poster mentioned that it was in the works, as Carnival has invested in another docking area.

Either way, I am looking forward to St. Maarten in March, it will be a new Island for us, as we did the same Itinerary last year.

Should be fun going to Maho Beach

Not too sure about all the topless beaches ;)

Ive been to St Maarten a few times and loved it. Has to be the best shopping of all the islands. As for the topless beach, Orient isnt just topless its completely nude.

There is an invisible line where one side is nude and one side isnt. Of course the nude people do come over the line. Unfortunately, most of the people are people that you DONT want to see nude. As a fellow passenger said to me on my last visit there, "they all wear their birthday suit except that some forget to iron theirs" lol

Does anyone know why so many of the "Green Lights" are out in the ceiling of the Atrium area? Every picture I have seen of this area of the Victory, so many are out. Is this supposed to be?

It's suppose to give the illusion of being underwater...so if all were illuminated it would not have contrast. Just a guess.

Does anyone know why so many of the "Green Lights" are out in the ceiling of the Atrium area? Every picture I have seen of this area of the Victory, so many are out. Is this supposed to be?

I think someone needs to change the light bulbs.

Here is a photo from Jan. 2007

122-2238_IMG.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished the Victory Cruise out of San Juan and thought I would post on the liquer thing in San Juan.

As others have said there is a duty free shop at the top of the stairs/escalator in the terminal. They have excellent prices and you can get some great deals. The Bailey's irish cream cost $17.00 its 29.95 in FLorida, 1 liter bottles of Bacardi Flavored Rums for $11.00, I pay 14.99 for 750ML in the states, Parrot Bay for 12.95 etc.

Bring a large empty carry on bag so you can buy a bunch of bottles. The staff doing the embarkation and manning the xray are not Carnival staff and they could care less how much you take on board as long as it is not obvious. In fact if you buy $100.00 or more, the shop will give you a very nice rolling bag that they put the bottles in for you. We saved a bunch of money this cruise because we made our own drinks with the stuff we brought on board in San Juan.

Just finished the Victory Cruise out of San Juan and thought I would post on the liquer thing in San Juan.

As others have said there is a duty free shop at the top of the stairs/escalator in the terminal. They have excellent prices and you can get some great deals. The Bailey's irish cream cost $17.00 its 29.95 in FLorida, 1 liter bottles of Bacardi Flavored Rums for $11.00, I pay 14.99 for 750ML in the states, Parrot Bay for 12.95 etc.

Bring a large empty carry on bag so you can buy a bunch of bottles. The staff doing the embarkation and manning the xray are not Carnival staff and they could care less how much you take on board as long as it is not obvious. In fact if you buy $100.00 or more, the shop will give you a very nice rolling bag that they put the bottles in for you. We saved a bunch of money this cruise because we made our own drinks with the stuff we brought on board in San Juan.

Thanks for the info and suggestion on the extra carry on bag. I plan on doing the same.

There is a thread dedicated to this discussion. Some feel that it is due to the recent events, while another poster mentioned that it was in the works, as Carnival has invested in another docking area.

Either way, I am looking forward to St. Maarten in March, it will be a new Island for us, as we did the same Itinerary last year.

Should be fun going to Maho Beach

Not too sure about all the topless beaches ;)

I went to Maho beach in April when on was on the Rcl Grandeur Of The Seas. It was awesome. The little bar on the beach has a schedule of flights coming in and the type of planes they are. I stood on the beach as a plane was taking off, not sure what it was but it was big. It was insane how strong the jet blast is. We're going back there when we're on the Victory in Jan.

Here's a few pics I took there:

maho0.jpg

maho1.jpg

maho3.jpg

maho6.jpg

Nice - thanks for mentioning the rolling bag.

Its a group of us and I think we're going to easily reach that mark.

I'll check carnival again, but what is the limit of carry on bags per person? For some reason Im thinking two, but I just want to be sure.

Thanks.

Nice - thanks for mentioning the rolling bag.

Its a group of us and I think we're going to easily reach that mark.

I'll check carnival again, but what is the limit of carry on bags per person? For some reason Im thinking two, but I just want to be sure.

Thanks.

i think its two bags per person which is Carnival standard requirement. Again, since puerto rico personnel are doing the screening and not carnival staff, they dont care if you have more than two bags.

Do they sell bottled water? We have a suite with a fridge and we were planning on going to a Walgreens to get some Cokes and water. Because we did not want to carry them 8 blocks (distance from Sheraton) we were going to have our taxi take us to Walgreens on the way to the hotel, but if the duty free store has Cokes and water we could get it there and it would be way easier.:) We are sailing on the Oct 25th, Halloween cruise. I am really enjoying reading all the posts about the Victory, can't wait to see her in person.

The last time we cruised the Victory, there was no problem going topless on the adult only deck.

Is this still true?

thanks,

We did not see anyone going topless on the adult only funnel deck so I cant say what they would do if you tried.

Keep in mind that you can see into the funnel deck from the spa deck. This is the deck at the top of the water slide so any child waiting to go down the water slide would be able to see any nude sun bathing. Because of this they may not let you go topless.

Do they sell bottled water? We have a suite with a fridge and we were planning on going to a Walgreens to get some Cokes and water. Because we did not want to carry them 8 blocks (distance from Sheraton) we were going to have our taxi take us to Walgreens on the way to the hotel, but if the duty free store has Cokes and water we could get it there and it would be way easier.:) We are sailing on the Oct 25th, Halloween cruise. I am really enjoying reading all the posts about the Victory, can't wait to see her in person.

They have bottled water and soda in the duty free shop that is located in the cruise terminal. The duty free shop is located just before the security scanners which you must pass as you leave the terminal to board the ship. We bought a case of water. I can't remember exactly how much it was, but I do seem to remember that it was a bit pricey.

Edited by dz63