All things "Victory"

richbum

I just sailed the Victory last week, so everything is fresh in my mind for any of you that have questions. I can do my best to answer them.

I will be posting a review possibly later this week with details of my experience. That will take some time to complete being that there are SO many ports to review...

WE look forward to the review.

Since it is so port intensive, would i be assuming wrong that elegant nights arent so elegant? ive read that ppl wear jeans/shorts to elegant night in the dinning rooms?

what did ppl wear on your cruise for the elegant nights? men and women.

thank you

When we cruised in February, many men and women (and children) were wearing professional attire and suits. I did not see any jeans/shorts, etc. and I would have been embarrassed for them. Being a young couple, it was nice being able to have the dressier nights and we did not see any undressed guests.

We liked the cruise so much that we will be sailing again this Feb.

WE look forward to the review.

Since it is so port intensive, would i be assuming wrong that elegant nights arent so elegant? ive read that ppl wear jeans/shorts to elegant night in the dinning rooms?

what did ppl wear on your cruise for the elegant nights? men and women.

thank you

When we cruised in July, "Elegant Night" was definitely elegant!

Like Weddingcrasher, we did not notice anyone wearing jeans or shorts in the dining room.

The majority of men did dress up in suits, ties and even tuxedos and the majority of women could be seen wearing cocktail dresses, long evening gowns or dress skirts with jackets.

Here is the suggested Cruise Elegant Dining Attire as posted in the Capers.

"Gentlemen: Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so.

Ladies: Cocktail dress, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you'd like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too!

Not permitted: shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats."

cz

Edited by dz63

Does anyone know if the Victory has the Breast Cancer walk? And if so when it might be and how I find out about it while on board?

I think I read a recent set of Victory Capers, and it had walk mentioned.

Based on our last cruise (different ship) it is posted in Capers, and you sign up for it in Formalities shop. I believe it was $10(I think that was price) on our cruise that included a t-shirt, and pink wrist band. Ours was last day at sea at 11am and everyone gathered on jogging track for walk.

Lots of creative ways those t-shirts were ticked,rolled,tied etc.

Edited by buffetfan
typo

No, not miniature bottles. People were buying lots of full size bottles, putting in their carry-on, and going through security.

Again, port security didn't seem to care and you don't go through ship security at SJU.

Spend $100 and they will give you a carry-on with wheels to pack it all in. Oh yeah and a free Zippo lighter!

Hi there- great thread / great review! I have a couple of questions and hope that some of you might reply. We are cruising over Christmas and I'm wondering if the Victory will have a Captains' Dinner or if the Formal night with be held on Christmas Night or Eve and if they really dress the ship up for the occasion? Also, I have heard so many good reviews of the aft cabins and am told that you can view so much more. Has anyone stayed in cabin # 8439? 90 sleeps left :D ~Debbie

Also, I have heard so many good reviews of the aft cabins and am told that you can view so much more.

I hope so! We have an aft wrap and two aft cabins beside it for our May cruise. Anyone stayed in 7425, 7427 or 7429?

We put our son and his bride in 7299; I know it will be a wonderful honeymoon for them.

I have been reading the reviews. For those of you that have done this cruise already- do they give you the ok to bring on booze from the duty free shop? Or are the inspectors mearly looking the other way? This will be our second cruise on the Victory, but the first with this itinerary.

Thanks

I have been reading the reviews. For those of you that have done this cruise already- do they give you the ok to bring on booze from the duty free shop? Or are the inspectors mearly looking the other way? This will be our second cruise on the Victory, but the first with this itinerary.

Thanks

Both!

164 days till 3/7/10. The DW won't let me get out the suitcases yet. Thanks to all that have contributed to this thread. We sailed the Victory (E. Carrib) back in 2002. We will try a suite, Cat 11 for the first time. I think having a fridge will be nice, DW thinks the tub is the selling point. We usually stick with an 8-ish. My Brother and his wife will be across the hall for their first cruise. I am almost as excited for them going on their first cruise as I am about going on another. Almost.

I have alot of pics (and I mean alot!) on my review thread, for those interested: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1059198

I believe in the "a picture is worth 1000 words" theory when posting reviews. Don't you want to SEE what you'll see? :D

I checked it out a few days ago Cigar Dude. Great job! Thanks for putting it up.

I will be on the Victory next week. I would like to be able to give the phone number to my kids and other family members. I just can't find carnival victorys phone number anywhere. Would anyone Know it?

Thank you

Nancy

Friends and family may call guests onboard via Maritime Telecommunications Network (MTN) Shore-to-Ship telephone service. The rate is $9.50 per minute from the United States; additional long distance charges may apply from outside the United States.

The caller needs to have available the ship name and the guest's name. The charges will be applied to the caller's credit card: MasterCard - Visa - American Express - The Discover Card - Diner's Club. 1-877 CCLSHIP (1-877-225-7447) from the U.S. 1-732-335-3284 from Canada and outside the U.S.