Help - ? on C&A Diamond as part of a GROUP

We just reached Diamond C&A status after our August sailing on the Mariner - YES! We are now booked as part of a GROUP cruise in February on the Brilliance. Our group leader told me that the suite discount for Diamond C&A members does not apply to our booking since we are part of a group.

Does anyone have experience with this situation? Have you gotten the discount? If so, how?

As soon as I call RCCL and state I am part of a group they won't talk to me. I want to make sure the group leader has the correct information.

Our group leader also told me that RCCL won't waive the $50 pp air deviation fee either due to the group. Any help here as well would be greatly appreciated!

I am no help when it comes to diamond status, but I do know this much: when you book with a TA, RCCL is hands off! They will give you limited information and nothing else. They have made a deal with the group leader and discounts and will go with that. I think groups are especially difficult because of the perks given to group leaders.

You still have time to cancel. Shouldn't be a penatly either this far out.

Can you make a better deal for yourself? Cancel it all with the group and book your own cabin, most likely you will even save booking your own air also. It's worth a shot.

Jimbo:)

Yes, we have the same problem. Once a year we book as a group with my husband's whole family. We get nothing special at all on those cruises. We are getting ready to book another cruise now and I'm tempted to do ours myself, but the Father-in -law foots the bill and that can get tricky.

We just reached Diamond C&A status after our August sailing on the Mariner - YES! We are now booked as part of a GROUP cruise in February on the Brilliance. Our group leader told me that the suite discount for Diamond C&A members does not apply to our booking since we are part of a group.

Does anyone have experience with this situation? Have you gotten the discount? If so, how?

As soon as I call RCCL and state I am part of a group they won't talk to me. I want to make sure the group leader has the correct information.

Our group leader also told me that RCCL won't waive the $50 pp air deviation fee either due to the group. Any help here as well would be greatly appreciated!

There are no disadvantages to being in a group with Royal Caribbean or Celebrity. They honor everything including Diamond status and lower promotional rates which may appear in individual res. Either your group leader doesn't know what they're talking about or they are looking to pocket the money for the Diamond status. It could be the former as other lines (like Carnival) honor nothing if you have a gorup rate.

Hi,

I am an agent and also have a group going on the MOS. We are plat. and we used our discount with the group booking. You need to talk to tour conductor and tell her to tell the agent you have a discount coming to you if you book a balcony. We also used the coupons with the same booking. Hope this helps.

I would simply call RCL as a prospective buyer of a cruise and get your best price w/ your diamond status. If the deal is better than your TA you can book.

If you are concerned about your dining arrangements / the TA can fix that by cross referencing.

WE are Platiumn members and are booked with a group on the Jewel of the Seas. We got all our discounts, I spoke with Crown and Anchor they said even if you book with a group you are entiltled to get the discount on rooms

Thank you all so much for your input. I definitely have to do some more checking on this.

Does anyone know if this makes a difference? The group we are going with is an incentive reward cruise for my husband's job. We upgrade from the cabins they book and pay the difference ourselves for a suite.

This year the group is flying in the same day as the cruise sails and we prefer to go in a day early. So we also want to get the air deviation fee waived, if possible.

Those of you who have discussed this with RCCL, did you just call the C&A toll free number?

Archived