Shore Excursions-Mex. Riv.

Liner

What are your favorite shore excursions in the Mexican Riviera? Cabo? Mazatlan? PV? I've done the Coastal Highlights Tour in Cabo and the Sierra Madre Safari Tour in PV. (Both were great!)

Thanks for you input!:D

Ditto on Randi's in Mazatlan. It was a great day, enjoyed the horseback ride (although a little tentative at first), the water was warm, the food was great, and Randi is just a kick. Loved her telling us about Stone Island and also about her life.

Also, for PV, the Los Veranos Canopy Tour was great. I was worried about doing it because I'm scared of heights, but it was a blast!

In Cabo, we did the Chileno Bay snorkeling trip. The crew was great, snorkel site had lots of fish, and the catamaran ride was fun.

I'm thinking of booking the same excursions in March 2005 with my kids. How much did you pay for the cab ride to the canopy office etc. When were you able to book this tour with Sylvie (one month before or a bit earlier?)

I am interested in the Chilean Bay snorkelling. Can you tell me more about this excursion please? I haven't read any reviews about it...

Thank you! :D

Susan and kids

Susan, we probably paid more than we needed to for the cab. We took the cruise line/port recommended white cab, which cost $4 pp (plus my husband tipped another $2), so it was $18 for the four of us. I think our cab back from the canopy office to the ship in a yellow cab (there were several there waiting) was around $10 to $12 total.

We booked the Canopy Tour with PVPam, so we did it a few months in advance. We showed our email confirmation at the office, and then didn't pay until we got to the tour site.

The Chileno Bay snorkel tour is on a large catamaran. There are several crew members who hand out the snorkel gear, explain how to use them to newbies, pass out drinks and clean up, as well as hoisting sails, etc. There were fruit, chex mix and nonalcoholic drinks available on the way to the snorkel site, and then sandwiches, chips, cookies, beer and margaritas were served on the return. On the way back they went past Lover's beach and showed us some sights.

Randi 'matches' the rider to the horse... no problem there. When we got to the beach it was overcast... quiet beach... not much there for activities that I remember... however great food at Victors... If you go with Randi you will not have time for anything else since her trip is round-trip.... Do it... one of the highlights of our cruise!

We did the country horseback in PV, which we enjoyed...the kayaking excursion in Mazatlan which we weren't too thrilled with...and the Sail and Snorkel in Cabo, which was great. All booked through Princess.

Thanks for the info about taxis to the Los Veranos office. Just so that I get this straight. PV Pam said the cost should be no more than 50-60 pesos ($6.00 US) for a yellow cab. Are these cab drivers firm with what they want to charge you for the fare or is there room for negotiation? How friendly are these drivers? Do they try to explain the sights during the 20 minute ride?

Was the Chilean Bay Kayaking excursion booked with Princess? If so what time was your excursion? Was it worth the money? Did you see a lot of fish?

Sorry for all the questions. I do appreciate your help! :cool:

CoolCanadian, I'm sure we could have paid much less for the taxis if we had gone out to the street and picked up a yellow cab. I didn't try negotiating. Both the white cab and yellow cab drivers were happy to point things out along the way, but the white cab driver spoke much better english.

The Chileno Bay snorkel excursion was through Princess. I believe we met in the Princess theater at 7:45 am and then they took us to the tender. We did see a lot of fish. I learned from these boards that you should bring some kind of food with you, we brough Friskies pouches of seafood cat food, the fish loved it.

Randi's is awesome and the beach was great (August and October). When we were there with our grandkids Randi would have walked over to negotiate the banana boat ride but the kids had so much fun just swiming in the ocean that we didn't have time. Boogie boards at Victors are free - just ask for them. Enjoy!!!

We did this trip last month and really liked our choices. Randi's was super and lunch at Victor's was amazing. We had a big group so we had Victor fix up the super large sample platter ~ a little of everything they make.

We did not schedule any other ship excursions this time. One couple in our group did swimming with the dolphins in PV and loved it.

In Cabo we rented a glass bottom water taxi right near the pier and saw the arch and Lover's Beach and the most beautiful clear water. If you looked off the side of the boat you could see the fish and the sand bottom. We ate lunch at Margarittavilla which was great.

Archived