Barcelona flight home

Janet S.

Wow, that seems early. For International flights I believe you need to be at the airport two hours early, so 8:30am. Also keep in mind the time the ship docks is not the time people can start leaving the ship. The ship needs to be cleared by local authorities and sometimes this takes some time. Also on occassions ships are late arriving to ports for a variety of reasons (i.e. weather, mechanical problems, medical emergencies etc.). I am not familiar with Barcelona so I don't know how far it is from the port or the traffic patterns or business of that airport (hopefully someone else will chime in with that information) but unless the aiport is very near by and generally has short lines I do not think I would even consider this flight and would opt to spend the night in Barcelona and fly out the next day.

I had a 10:45 flight from Barcelona and made it with time to spare. Flights out of Europe leave much earlier. I found that everyone on my ship had early flights. The ships arrive in ealier than in Caribbean ports.

Diane in Music City

We were on the Navigator of the seas & disembarked in Barcelona on 4/30 our flight time was 10:50 a.m. The ship docked at 5 a.m. we were the first ones off after self embarking & waiting for a cab at 7:15. We were at the airport at 8 a.m.so we made our check in of 8:50. Just because the ship docks at 6 a.m. you must give it time to clear immigration & customs.

When we were on Century last year they just about threw us off the ship at 8:00 am. They were thrilled with people who were off by 6:30. But if you can, stay an extra day in Barcelona. You can never spend too much time in Barcelona.

Archived