Booked a guarantee, can you request different cabin?

vivalas

:confused: If you booked a guarantee, get your cabin assignment, are you locked in or can you request a change of location? We took a balcony guarantee, our cabin assignment showed up for me in the book/modify method, and when you try to order something from the gifts menu. We got an 8B, but it is the opposite side of the ship, and way up front from another couple we are traveling with, I checked and there are cabins open on our level in our category closer to them. Has such a thing ever been requested? Or is it just a no go because we took the crapshoot of a guarantee? I would just like a different cabin in the assigned category they gave us.

It's a crap shoot, guarantees, most times you are locked in inless you are willing to pay for an upgrade to move but if you booked with a cruise agency that does alot of business with Carnival your agent might be able to pull a few strings to get you moved for nothing to the same category you were assigned.

Good Luck

Jimbo:)

Two things. 1st, you can ask that they remove you from the room. Then, you will be reassigned. 2nd, if you have not already, cross reference your booking number with the other couple. We were on a cross reference with three couples, all of which had guarentees. When we were placed, they put us all within the same vacinity, even though two couples are Inside G and one was Balcony G.

Before I knew that we had all been put together, I called Carnival and asked if this was a permanent room. They stated they could put me back into the gaurentee pool.

Good Luck

Two things. 1st, you can ask that they remove you from the room. Then, you will be reassigned. 2nd, if you have not already, cross reference your booking number with the other couple. We were on a cross reference with three couples, all of which had guarentees. When we were placed, they put us all within the same vacinity, even though two couples are Inside G and one was Balcony G.

Before I knew that we had all been put together, I called Carnival and asked if this was a permanent room. They stated they could put me back into the gaurentee pool.

Good Luck

I called my TA and she is going to contact Carnival and see what can be done. She said it was good we caught it now instead of after the final docs came. Then it would positively be no chance. She said they might move us, as you stated by putting us back in the guarantee pool. The other couple took a 6B assigned cabin when we booked, and we opted for a balcony. We know we will not be on the same level, they are on Main and no balconies on there. But we would like a closer, more universal area of the ship so it is easier to connect up with each other. They will be joining us on our balcony to enjoy it with us.

Archived