Canopy tour

sashapoo

I found a post on the Princess board where somebody booked the canopy tour through the ship in the morning and then booked outside of the ship to climb Dunn's River Falls in the afternoon. Princess does have it listed on their shore excursions.

Thanks for all the websites and info on Canopy Tour - to date this is what I've found: http://www.chukkaadvernturetours.com is no longer a good site and does not redirect you to a good site. Contacted Belinda as instructed on boards and she said have to book directly with Carnival as they have all spots reserved??? Went on Carnival and they do not show this tour offered in Jamaica only thing is some golf excursion! Also went to http://www.canopytour.com and emailed to see if they would book; nothing yet!

QUESTION: If Carnival has spots reserved and not showing up online, does this mean I have to book once I get on ship??? If this is true, where and how do I do this???

HELP!!! Really want to do this excursion and my teenage kids do too!!

LisaTX

Lisa........when is your cruise?

We are sailing mid-June and not all the excursions are up either. I called Carnival and they told me to keep checking as not all excursions have been loaded into the system. All that shows up for my 3 ports (going on the Conquest) is a couple of golf excursions and a couple of scuba excursions.

PS........if you end up having to book on the ship, just go to the shore excursion desk as soon as it opens; usually near the purser's desk. In fact, even if the desk isn't open, there is usually a stack of reservation forms so you can fill that out and be ready when they open. Another option is reserving in your room through the television (not sure if this is available on all ships).

For now, though, just keep checking on Carnival.com

Cali-croozer

We are sailing June 26 on Conquest - I will keep checking on Carnival site!

Did get another email from Belinda and she said she knew http://www.canopytour.com is the only company doing this adventure; however, the spots are all reserved by cruise lines so you will definitely have to book via Carnival.

So far the only excursion for our sail date is the golf - you are doing better at least you are showing some snorkeling too!!! Let's keep in touch and post if we see this excursion come up through Carnival site!

LisaTX

• 3 weeks later...

Here's from Trevor Hudlin:

Thanks for your mail and the interest you express in my tour, sorry the Canopy tour only offered on the ship, but all can be done within the time you are given.

Thanks

Trevor

Thanks for choosing The Original Canopy Tour. Yes, you should book through the ship’s excursion desk, they can inform you of all the other activities and time at which you can do them.

Thanks again for including us in your vacation and enjoy your time in Jamaica,

So it sounds like you're limited to the cruise ship excursion desk... bummer.

I think we'll skip it this time and go back to Jamaica on a long weekend to do it. :)

Also, the RCCL excursion page only allows adults 18 and over to take this tour. The tour folks themselves allow anyone age 10 and up. However, since we can only book through the ship, that was the end of that. However, we did book a wonderful full day private tour of horseback riding, dunn's falls, river tubing, ferngully and shopping through A-Z.

HTH-

Lisa

What a great resource this website is. Can't wait every day to see what's new. Regarding Canopy Tour. If we book a Canopy Tour in Ochos Rios is that the same place as Montego Bay Canopy Tour. The reason I ask is lately the Star Princess has been going to Montego Bay instead of Ochos Rios and would like to book tour on ship, but so far the ship is saying Ochos Rios. Also what is your opinon regarding age and fitness to go on this tour. I am female, 56, but not a "fitness person" but active. Do you think this would be too strenuous for me. Would appreciate any opinons you have.

Cheers,

Sue

• 3 weeks later...

The CCL website lists the canopy tour as being 2.5 hrs. Someone else on this site indicated it was 5 hrs I believe? Anyone done this excursion recently on a CCL ship and can confirm the times?

Thanks.

Hello, Since you seem to be the only person to have done the canopy tour can you please answer a few questions. My husband really, really wants to do this tour. I'm concerned about the physical requirments needed. How much upper body strength is needed? I am terrified of heights and was wondering about the platforms. Do you think a scardy cat can do this???????? Thanks

Archived